View Full Version : Rolled Bridles

Oct. 7, 2009, 09:16 AM
Tell me what brand of rolled bridle you are using and if you like it. I am in the market for a new bridle and these look rather nice to me. Thanks

Sister Margarita
Oct. 7, 2009, 09:23 AM
I have used both Dobert and Schumacher. Both are nice. I have found good deals on Ebay if you know what size you are looking for. They are rather expensive new. I got mine years ago before the US$ took a nosedive.

Schumacher has a stronger, somewhat stiffer but very high-quality leather, Dobert seems good as well.

It does give a nice appearance to refine a look!

Oct. 7, 2009, 09:35 AM
I have 2 schumaukers (sp?) a snaffle and a double. They look great on my horse and the leather is really nice and durable. great quality. I don't like the crown peices. I think the rolled leather could make pressure points.

Oct. 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
I have a custom made Mick MacKenzie rolled bridle that I had made in the mid 80's. It is still gorgeous! Mick is still in business hear in Ontario. All of my bridles are made my him.

Oct. 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
I have a Kieffer (I think it is the Anja) from Dressage Extensions. It has a nicely padded crown, so the rolled leather is not on the poll- it actually buckles up there, on top of the padding. It has a nicely padded noseband. The leather is not as stiff as the Schumacker, possibly means it is lesser quality, but it still looks great after 3 years, and it was $149. I also got rolled rubber reins to go with it from a place in CA.

Oct. 7, 2009, 03:45 PM
I also have the Kieffer Anja, and like the quality and look of the bridle, but have been frustrated with getting it to fit my horse's head. Cob size is too small, normal horse size too long. Because of the way the bridle is rolled, I can't punch any more holes to shorten it. Although I do like the looks of the rolled leather, I probably would not buy another one due to the adjustability issue. Kieffer seems to be uncontactable both by me and by Dressage Extensions, so they are no help.

Trixie's mom
Oct. 7, 2009, 08:28 PM
i really like my waldhausen...buttery soft...

Oct. 7, 2009, 11:10 PM
hmm think mine might be a Millers or something like that.. whatever was popular 25+ years ago.. I just oiled it and its a lovely as ever..