PDA

View Full Version : Home Run

hr
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:33 PM
Home Run, aka Neon, crossed the bridge last Sunday. He was my horse of a lifetime, my best friend for 19 years. He was 23. He showed in the Green and Regular Conformation divisions in the early 1990's with Tony Workman, then my kids and myself showed him locally. He truly loved to horse show, he loved his job.

canyonoak
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:35 PM
godspeed, Neon.

spmoonie
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:38 PM
RIP! Glad to hear you gave him a great life! :)

HorsesinHaiti
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
((((((HHHUUUGGGSSS))))))

MrWinston
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:48 PM
Sincere condolences for your loss. Through the saddness remember how fortunate you were to have him and how lucky he was to have such a great life and great humans. That's really all any of us could ask for.

Trees4U
Oct. 7, 2009, 09:55 AM
Condolences to you and your family.

BridgettePony
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry for your loss - Home Run was an awesome horse.

Bridgette & Mikey PonyMom

Melzy
Oct. 7, 2009, 07:58 PM
Yes, he was a special horse, hr. I judged him numerous times. Your kids were fortunate to have shown him too. Sincere condolences for your family's loss.

Addison
Oct. 7, 2009, 10:43 PM
So sorry for your loss.

RIP Neon. You were very well loved .

Flash44
Oct. 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
(((hugs)))

You were lucky to have each other!

scotchie
Oct. 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
I am sorry. He sounds like a wonderful guy.:sadsmile:

Mamy
Oct. 7, 2009, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry.

Kenike
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry. Sounds like he had a great life and was obviously loved. (((hugs)))

hr
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for everyone's well-wishes.

I thought of an example, for those who didn't know Neon, of how much he loved to horse show. 3 years ago, at a schooling show, in addition to the usual jumps -- gates, walls, rails, etc, there was a pile of long logs. It was a really pretty jump, they had even planted flowers in the dirt in front of it. Real flowers, not a flower box.

Well, most of the younger, green horses came around the turn, saw that jump, and stopped. My son, then a very small 8 year old, rode Neon around the turn. When he saw that jump, his ears came up, and his expression said "Cool Jump!" and he jumped it beautifully. Won the class, IIRC.

SpartanVirtue
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for everyone's well-wishes.

I thought of an example, for those who didn't know Neon, of how much he loved to horse show. 3 years ago, at a schooling show, in addition to the usual jumps -- gates, walls, rails, etc, there was a pile of long logs. It was a really pretty jump, they had even planted flowers in the dirt in front of it. Real flowers, not a flower box.

Well, most of the younger, green horses came around the turn, saw that jump, and stopped. My son, then a very small 8 year old, rode Neon around the turn. When he saw that jump, his ears came up, and his expression said "Cool Jump!" and he jumped it beautifully. Won the class, IIRC.

The good ones always rise to the occasion - condolences.

monalisa
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
My thoughts are with you on losing such a special horse. Those of us that are lucky to own a really special one can relate. We are the lucky few! Hugs and kisses.....

jumpingmaya
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :cry:
Hope you find warmth in knowing that he had a wonderful life with you... The best ones are the hardest ones to let go... but in a couple of months, you will be able to look back and smile :sadsmile:
It's such a blessing to have such wonderful animals touch our lives and families (in your case)...

Hugs from Florida

KristieBee
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:55 PM
i'd love to see some pictures of him to share his memory and help celebrate his life.

with condolences
kristie