PDA

View Full Version : RIDGE FARM SCHOOLING SHOWS IN FLA 11/09-4/10

newflame
Oct. 6, 2009, 12:34 PM
I am looking for feedback on what people would like to see at our upcoming series of schooling shows in Wellington.
We are planning on 2 day shows -one day all jumpers-one day all hunters and equitation;What days would you like to see?Friday-Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday? -Then which day would you prefer which disipline ? Please let me know.
Also think about how often we should run-would you prefer every two weeks or every three? or two weeks in a row then three weeks off,etc.?
We have had requests last year ,to run Marshall Sterling Qualifying classes-so we are adding them to our schedule this year.We have also had some interest in a 2'6'-3' hunter derby series that we are considering adding-what do you think?
We will continue to run our jumper derbies -although we will alternate that class with a mini prix and an open speed stake.
What other classes would you like to have available-please let us know what you think before we put our prizelist together.
Also, we are offering our own circuit champion awards-would you prefer coolers,fly sheets,or trophys for the winners?
Thanks for Your Time,
Nona Garson:)

newflame
Oct. 20, 2009, 11:35 AM
no one is responding -Does no one have an opinion?:confused:

sandstar
Oct. 20, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Nona-

We attend schooling shows in S. Florida. Saturday and Sunday is a must...work school prevents fridays, unless its just to school in the afternoon. We love when hunter and jumpers go on the same day. If had to choose would be jumpers Sat and hunters Sun. Love year end circuit Champs :) Not much use for coolers here, but fly sheets work, trophys are always good. Also love, directors chairs and other barn show off things :)
Have a few that would be interested in a hunter derby.

We generally show once a month.

This year we have a bigger group of younger kids who do crossrails and short stirrup, so we are looking for that.

Thanks, we are looking forward to your season :)

mroades
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
Have you hired all of your judges yet??:D

spmoonie
Oct. 20, 2009, 07:50 PM
I like when the hunters/equitation/jumpers are all run on the same day, but if you are planning on doing them seperate, I would do jumpers saturday and hunters sunday. For me, as a student, Saturday/Sunday show are much more "do-able" because it doesnt interfere with school. Definitely a YES on the hunter derby! :yes: As for prizes, maybe a gift certificate to a local tack shop, a leather halter, a show shirt, etc. Would be nice. But of course, the classic cooler is always great too. Good luck! It sounds like a fun show.

newflame
Oct. 20, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your replies! I look forward to more -so far it looks like we will start our first show series the last week of November and run through mid February.This will be our winter series and we will give a winter circuit award for the series then we will take a three week break mid February when The InterContinental Sport Horse Auction takes place at the farm.Then we will start our spring circuit that will run through April and conclude with spring circuit awards.Then finally we will award our Grand Champions for the entire season at the conclusion in April
A few more questions to everyone- would you like to see one more show in April or is the last weekend in March a good place to finish? -would people come to awards dinners or parties at the end of each circuit or do you prefer to receive your ribbons and prizes at the horse shows? -and what about trainer or leading stable awards?-what prizes would be be fun to win for that?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!-so thanks in advance -
Nona Garson

spmoonie
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for your replies! I look forward to more -so far it looks like we will start our first show series the last week of November and run through mid February.This will be our winter series and we will give a winter circuit award for the series then we will take a three week break mid February when The InterContinental Sport Horse Auction takes place at the farm.Then we will start our spring circuit that will run through April and conclude with spring circuit awards.Then finally we will award our Grand Champions for the entire season at the conclusion in April
A few more questions to everyone- would you like to see one more show in April or is the last weekend in March a good place to finish? -would people come to awards dinners or parties at the end of each circuit or do you prefer to receive your ribbons and prizes at the horse shows? -and what about trainer or leading stable awards?-what prizes would be be fun to win for that?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!-so thanks in advance -
Nona Garson

I think the March vs. April thing is entirely up to you. It will most likely vary from person to person. For me, the more, the merrier. I would probably choose April; But, at the same time, many other local organizations have started their show series by April too. Your show may conflict with theirs (not that this is a problem by any means. It just means that you will want to make your shows extra SPECTACULAR so that the customs will want to come to your's :winkgrin:). An awards banquet would be really nice. Is there any way you could offer a "Finale Show" with an awards banquet held at the show, Almost like a little party? For instance, if the show runs Saturday and Sunday, On Saturday, you could hold the "special" classes: hunter derby final, medal finals, mini grand prix, etc. Saturday night, you could have the banquet and awards party. Then, on Sunday, have some fun/different classes or games perhaps. Something relaxing, but memorable. I think a leading trainer/stable award is a great idea! As for prizes regarding that award, how about an embroidered directors chair, or a nice trophy, and maybe a little gift basket for each rider in the barn. The gift basket could include small hand towels embroidered with the show's logo, maybe a saddle pad, a picture frame, and a gift certificate. Also, you could include coupons for discounts at next year's shows.

Ray
Nov. 3, 2009, 08:23 AM
my spouse and trainer showed there last year, very well run schooling shows, super ring and footing,

from my trainer:
"Every 2 weeks
Jumpers on Saturdays
M & S Qualifying classes would be great.
Coolers or fly sheets
I would not show past the first of April.
Everybody loves a party"

spouse travels back to frozen North on Sundays, wants to show jumpers on Sat, and expressed interest in hunter derby ;)