PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Creek Park this weekend--Anyone Going?

Kairoshorses
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm going to brave it (looks to be a might wet if weather.com is right). Who else is going ?

mpack
Oct. 6, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'll be there...one student in Novice Horse. My hope is they've received enough rain to make the footing soft and the weekend will be Fall like weather and rain free...of course I have not looked in to any forecasts..but one can hope :-)

ridingmel924
Oct. 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
My horse and I will be braving it too!! Friday looks like the best chance of rain there. Hopefully Saturday and Sunday will be nice! It can't be as bad as the show there in March...talk about a mudfest! The footing held up fairly well though so hopefully the lack of rain recently will make this footing great!

texaseventer
Oct. 7, 2009, 04:20 PM
Having braved the "March Meadowcreek Mudfest", I'll be back for more this weekend. Hopefully my stadium round will go better this time, last time I rearranged one of the oxers on course with my backside. :)

purplnurpl
Oct. 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
Yikes. Wonder if they are going to get all this rain.
Another season of cancel cancel cancel. : ( I remember Spring 2007. Mud Eventing.

alval23
Oct. 8, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'll be there doing the beginner novice championship... although, I've notice I'm in the wrong section. Im listed in BN Rider SR champ.. but I've shown novice before with a different horse.. so I should be in the BN Horse Championship. And a few other riders from my barn are in the wrong group as well. Anyone else with wrong group issues?

purplnurpl
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:40 AM
I'll be there doing the beginner novice championship... although, I've notice I'm in the wrong section. Im listed in BN Rider SR champ.. but I've shown novice before with a different horse.. so I should be in the BN Horse Championship. And a few other riders from my barn are in the wrong group as well. Anyone else with wrong group issues?

nope. you are good to go. You have to be in Horse division if you've ridden Prelim.

Looks like It might be rained out though.
Lots of crashes at Meadow Creek when the going is mucky. Be careful guys.

alval23
Oct. 9, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ah! Good news because lord knows I've been nowhere near a prelim fence other than walking pass it on the cross country coarse. hehe :) But I hope they don't cancel it. I say just but big honk'in studs in (or horse cleats).