PDA

View Full Version : Katie Monahan-Prudent Clinic

GoldensRule
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:26 AM
For those interested, there will be a Katie Monahan-Prudent clinic in Zionsville, IN Oct 17th & 18th. Was a huge success last year. For more information please send email.

BAC
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:04 AM
I wish I lived close enough to audit, I would love to watch this. I am a great admirer of Katie, and remember watching her when she was competing in the junior divisions, which tells you how old I am. :eek: :D

jumpfan
Oct. 7, 2009, 06:06 AM
Are there any reports about the clinic last year? Katie is a perfect teacher and has a high reputation as horsewomen and showjumper. You can´t have a better instructor.

JOBEAN
Oct. 7, 2009, 08:14 AM
Are there any reports about the clinic last year? Katie is a perfect teacher and has a high reputation as horsewomen and showjumper. You can´t have a better instructor.

Ditto!
She is wonderful on a hunter too!!
My hero!!

jumpfan
Oct. 9, 2009, 06:09 AM
What are the reasons that testimonials concerning clinics with Katie Monahan Prudent are hard to find? I supposed that there would be a steady flow of reports in order to value highly both her incredible experience and her extraordinary riding skills.

lauriep
Oct. 9, 2009, 07:29 AM
She has not done many clinics here because up to the past year, she has spent most of her time in France. But there isn't anyone better, except GM himself.

july
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:29 AM
She has not done many clinics here because up to the past year, she has spent most of her time in France. But there isn't anyone better, except GM himself.

Exactly, I worked for her for several years and she is fantastic. Many 'younger' people haven't heard of her because she's really a trainer for professionals. Many of the best riders in the world have respect for her teaching style. Let's not forget who helped Beezie get a leg up ;).

Equsrider
Oct. 9, 2009, 07:51 PM
My Daughter did the clinic here last year and loved Katie...she made things very difficult over very small jumps and I have to admit a very few were able to do what she wanted....we are doing it again this year but this time on our 4 year old recently imported green bean hunter, so I imagine it will be quite challenging for daughter and horse...We are looking forward to it,Katie is a great mentor and instructor and really drills the notion of perfect practice!!!

Sunnyhorse
Oct. 10, 2009, 12:42 AM
I audited her clinic in St. Louis last weekend. KMP was a fantastic instructor, tough but fair.

GoldensRule
Oct. 10, 2009, 05:23 PM
More info on the Indiana clinic is available through email or pm.:)

equestrian4271
Oct. 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
I was looking around for a clinic this fall and found this one. Although I would like to ride with her, I think the price is way to high. $550 for two days and another $100.00 for a stall? Many of the George Morris Clinics (both those that are with him or clinicians) on his schedule are priced less. With 4-6 horses per group, what a windfall for the barn owner/trainer.

JOBEAN
Oct. 12, 2009, 06:03 PM
IMO... I rather ride with Katie then GM. Btw...GM clinic was around $650.

jumpfan
Oct. 13, 2009, 11:05 AM
I think, that Katie is instructing very vividly. Her gestures are descriptive. I never saw more enthusiastic than Katie. I regret that the reports about her clinics have the appearance of secrets. Or, where you can find internet reports?

Trixie
Oct. 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
I was fortunate to compete against her this year - and felt fortunate just to watch her ride. It was super educational.

GoldensRule
Oct. 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
I was looking around for a clinic this fall and found this one. Although I would like to ride with her, I think the price is way to high. $550 for two days and another $100.00 for a stall? Many of the George Morris Clinics (both those that are with him or clinicians) on his schedule are priced less. With 4-6 horses per group, what a windfall for the barn owner/trainer.
Yes, George's clinics are $650.00 plus at least $75.00 per day to audit. At Katie's clinic you get 2 bags of shavings included in your stall and the audit fee is only $40.00 per day. Well worth it for the amount of knowledge you will gain. IMO

equestrian4271
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:38 AM
I am not knocking Katie, I am knocking the barn owner/trainer who is putting this together. With 6 in a group at $550.00 and four groups, plus the $100.00 a stall for a few stalls they are making a windfall. Of course, this is just my opinion but the clinic is being offered in the Midwest in a smaller horse community and I still think it is priced to high.

TeriKessler
Oct. 14, 2009, 07:05 PM
Katie is a superb trainer. This week at Harrisburg, she trained the USEF National Junior Jumper Champion, my daughter Reed. I may be wrong, but I think she is the youngest to win this gold medal, riding as 14 yrs old. She also trained Reed to Junior Jumper Champion at Devon this year, the youngest rider to win in Devon's history.

Make any sacrifice necessary to attend her clinic. You will be amazed at how much you learn about riding and about your horse.

briddygirl
Oct. 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
I have a friend who is a friend of Katie P. and she said that she could get my daughter a lesson w/ katie....she's pretty expensive tho'....don't know if I should ...would one lesson be worth it?

JOBEAN
Oct. 14, 2009, 09:52 PM
yes, worth it, imo.

The lesson will be what she makes of it.. Get there early, be prepared, work hard , listen and learn.

chunky munky
Oct. 14, 2009, 10:02 PM
When Katie taught in the uS she took average riders and made them great- if they had the desire to work. Do not go to her clinic thinking this is a fanny patting exercise. She is the best.

jumpfan
Oct. 18, 2009, 10:57 AM
There are rumors, that the KMP-clinic, planned for the weekend, has been cancelled? Any information available?

Clarence
Oct. 18, 2009, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know how to find out when and where the clinics will be held? I would love to audit.

P.S. Could someone please PM me about her lesson prices? She is in my state, at least, if she still lives in Middleburg, VA.

GoldensRule
Oct. 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
There are rumors, that the KMP-clinic, planned for the weekend, has been cancelled? Any information available?

The KMP clinic was not canceled. It was a huge success. Everyone had a great time and learned alot. All the groups filled. She will return again next year for those that may be interested.

jumpfan
Jan. 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
Are there any reports about the Katie Monahan Prudent clinic at Carriage Hill Farms?