PDA

View Full Version : Custom tack trunk panels

Equino
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:16 AM
Since no one seems to know contact info for David Distler...

Can anyone recommend a place to get panels for custom trunks? I need a couple replacements to change barn logos. Thanks!

GreystoneKC
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:25 AM
I was actually recently wondering the same exact thing!!! I have an old tack truck I have had since I was a kid with panels. It started out navy and kelly green for my very first barn, then when I switched barns as a teen, my mother helped me replace the kelly green panels with burgundy for the new barn. Years later now, I'd love to change the box to my OWN barn colours, but since out base colour is black and not navy, I need to change the part with the monogram... so it's just sat in my barn being exceptionally un-matching with all of the rest of our custom stuff. I'd LOVE to know where I could get a new, black, monogrammed panel!

BAC
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
David Distler should be easy to find, doesn't he have some connection with WEF? At any rate I always seem to see his name without even looking for it.

I know this subject has been discussed before, I think Oakcroft or any of the more popular tack trunk companies can make new panels in your colors.

Pony Soprano
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Contact the company that made your trunk and they can usually make a new panel for you. I know that mcguinn (sp?) does it, as I bought a client's trunk when the child stopped riding. It was a pain to change out and a little expensive but the trunk looks perfect now.

GreystoneKC
Oct. 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
David Distler should be easy to find, doesn't he have some connection with WEF? At any rate I always seem to see his name without even looking for it.

I know this subject has been discussed before, I think Oakcroft or any of the more popular tack trunk companies can make new panels in your colors.

Thanks, at least it gives me someplace to start! I see mostly wooden trunks and hard plastic anymore, not as many of the vinyl-outer-covering kind like I have so I wasn't even sure who would make them

Contact the company that made your trunk and they can usually make a new panel for you. I know that mcguinn (sp?) does it, as I bought a client's trunk when the child stopped riding. It was a pain to change out and a little expensive but the trunk looks perfect now.

Sadly, I don't have any clue who made mine since it is about 23 years old now. Gotta give whoever it was credit though, they make a beastly trunk! 23 years and the worst thing that's happened is the latch fell off the front about 3 years ago. I think that trunk will outlive me!

NCHorseofCourse
Oct. 7, 2009, 07:41 PM
Phoenix West made custom tack trunk panels to replace my prior trainer's panels. They were fabulous to work with and I thought really reasonably priced. Sorry I don't have their phone number here. they are online if you search for them. Good luck !

Pony Soprano
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:47 PM
When we bought our farm it came with a Warner's trunk that we sent to McGuinn for all new panels and a refinish. You could probably send the company you decide on the measurements if you didn't want to send away the whole trunk. It was exspensive but still less than a new trunk and looks fabulous for a trunk that is about 30 years old.

tidy rabbit
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
Oakcroft did my new trunks and sent me replacement panels for my old one. LOVE THEM! They were great to work with and it was well worth the $s.

katie16
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:10 PM
I have gotten a bunch of Phoenix West trunks from www.woodsongtack.com (http://www.woodsongtack.com) and been very pleased with not only the trunks themselves, but also the customer service this store had was wonderful. Additionally, I shopped around price wise and didn't find anyplace cheaper for the same product.

I haven't gotten replacement panels through them myself, but I know they do get them for people. Anything Phoenix West makes they can and will get for you if you ask.

katie16
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:17 PM
Seems there was a tread on Trunk Panels a while back . . . maybe this will give you some more helpful information and opinions as well.

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=197893