PDA

View Full Version : Petrie Olympic Dress Boot?

mowgli96
Oct. 6, 2009, 05:14 AM
Just curious if anyone has these? Also are they available to get custom length? I am 6'0 with a 20.5" floor to back of knee measurement, so I really need to go custom. Even Ariat's crownes with the high spanish topline is about 2 or 3 inches shy of where I need to be for height. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Classical DQ
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:21 AM
I have the Olympics and love them! I just got them. I haven't had time to break them in, but I think they are great! I had had Petries before without the zipper. When I ordered I was planning on getting the Anyky's and was told about the Olympics and that they had them in stock! I am not disappointed!

Rival
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:46 AM
How stiff are they? Do they have a shaped ankle? I'm super interested in the Petries but nobody stocks them around me and my coach has given me direct orders to find stiff boots (ie Konig grandgesters).

Hampton Bay
Oct. 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have the model that pre-dates the Olympics, but was around the same price and same features (minus the zipper). I really like them. They are not as stiff as the Konigs, but they are MUCH more stiff than any of the Devon Aire, etc types. Of course I do think mine would be more stiff if I hasn't had to have a gusset put into them because they were a bit too small in the calf, and now I just put zippers in but had to remove the stiffener up the back to do it.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

KWPN MOM
Oct. 6, 2009, 07:23 PM
I had custom Petries made through Dressage Extensions.

Classical DQ
Oct. 7, 2009, 08:24 AM
They are still, but as said, not like Konigs. They do not take along time to break in. You just have to commit to wearing them around for awhile. I got mine through www.equinesource.com. Monique is very good with helping with sizing....over the phone. The Olympics that I have come with zippers. Petries have lots of sizes!!! I've never been able to wear boots 'off the rack' but Petrie can always fit me!

mowgli96
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
Great, thanks!