PDA

View Full Version : Jingles for my trainer!

cllane1
Oct. 5, 2009, 06:33 PM
I hope she doesn't mind me posting this! My trainer, Susan Wainwright, was competing at Tryon this past weekend, and after loading the horses for the trip home, stepped wrong out of the trailer and messed up her knee/leg in the following manner:

1. Complete ACL tear with fibers displaced throughout the joint.
2. Radial tear of the meniscus ligament.
3. Intrasubstance tear of the popliteus muscle belly.
4. Medial meniscus radial tear involving the superior articular surface.
Last but not least
5. Impaction fracture of the tibia!

Please send jingles her way for a good surgical outlook and quick healing!

Auburn
Oct. 5, 2009, 06:36 PM
Jingling, for a full recovery, from KY.

shea'smom
Oct. 5, 2009, 06:53 PM
Talk about crappy luck!! Jingles for her to heal soon.

maxxtrot
Oct. 5, 2009, 07:01 PM
oh geesh, jingles from florida. who knew trailering could be full contact sport. hope she is feeling better soon.

CookiePony
Oct. 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, what terrible luck. Jingles from your neighbors to the north in TN.

BigRuss1996
Oct. 5, 2009, 07:51 PM
OUCH!....Jingles for Susan!

AUeventer
Oct. 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
I love her!!! Same thing happened to one of my clients. Be careful stepping out of a trailer! It happens :(

SweetieG
Oct. 5, 2009, 09:53 PM
Oh no! :no: I am so sorry. Thanks for posting this. I'll send her an email now.

You know I'll be praying and jingling... for a smooth recovery and a high pain tolerance. Sounds like she may have to be fully non-weight bearing for a good while...guess it just depends on the type of repairs they end up doing. I will also pray for a great surgeon to give her the most optimal chance at a full recovery.

Was she able to make it back home or did she have to stay there? Please tell me she didn't try and drive the horses home!

Thinking of you all!

cllane1
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:16 PM
Was she able to make it back home or did she have to stay there? Please tell me she didn't try and drive the horses home!

There were several students with her at the show to handle driving duties, thank goodness! Susan is currently in Columbus, GA, awaiting surgery at the Hughston Clinic, which is highly renowned for its orthopedic team. She should know more tomorrow about when surgery will take place.

SweetieG
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
Glad to know she's in good hands. Please keep us posted! Thanks!

RunForIt
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:40 PM
Susan is much loved and much admired all over, especially AREA III...jingles and best thoughts and wishes...so happy that she has such good friends thinking of her and taking care of her "needs" (which are of course not HER, but her HORSES!!!) :cool:

RiverBendPol
Oct. 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
That is just hideous! Poor girl. I know quite a few people who have gotten wrecked stepping out of their trailers. Jeekers! I hope she does well and is back at it quickly.

FlightCheck
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
Ow!

I just saw her riding Hunter at the Poplar Place dressage show last month....wishing her a high pain tolerance, good drugs, and a short recovery period.

jumpingmaya
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:31 AM
Jingles from Florida... that's just plain bad luck!!
Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

LauraKY
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:45 AM
Did the same thing. Had a great surgeon and with lots of PT, knee is "almost" as good as new. Hard to ride in that nasty ACL brace, though. Jingles.

Arcadien
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
Of all the rotten luck! Sending jingles for successful surgery & healing from NJ.

And from my bro the PT, motivate her to do all the Physical therapy after, even when it hurts - it will make all the difference in how well she heals, ultimately!

Jingle, jingle!

mpack
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:47 AM
praying for a full and fast recovery!

Lori B
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
Ouch, what flightcheck said.

Does this mean that your trainer is on stallrest, and you have to hand graze her? Ace? ;-)

pharmgirl
Oct. 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
Ouch!! That's some serious damage! Jingles that surgery and rehab go smoothly.

cllane1
Oct. 6, 2009, 04:50 PM
Update from today: surgery is scheduled for Nov. 4. There is currently so much trauma and swelling that all they can do now is stabilize it with a brace until the surgery.

SweetieG
Oct. 6, 2009, 04:59 PM
Wow! That seems like a long time to wait and then still have weeks to rehab after that. :eek:

Wish I was closer to help out. Please let me know if you think of anything I can do from here.

I will definitely continue with prayers and jingles!

Thanks for the update.

fooler
Oct. 6, 2009, 05:24 PM
Good Grief, I just saw her this weekend at Tryon!

Many jingles from SC & hopes the surgery can be rescheduled to an earlier date.