PDA

View Full Version : What saddle pads for a forward flap? More help, post 9?

TheJenners
Oct. 5, 2009, 03:52 PM
I just got a Devoucoux saddle, and it is the 2AA flap. The little baby pads I've been using barely fit...but I'm concerned about getting a pad and it not fitting the saddle. Thoughts?

TheJenners
Oct. 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
OK, I'm getting looks but no responses. Bumping.

Equinoxfox
Oct. 6, 2009, 02:38 PM
I have a butet with a forward flap and got my pads from Beval and also Ecogold. and they work great . :D

WNT
Oct. 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
Toklat also has models with a lot of options for flap length. I think they will sometimes do custom ones, if you send an outline of your saddle on butcher paper. The XC cut is designed for forward-cut saddles.

uniongrove
Oct. 6, 2009, 06:59 PM
the eco gold's are great and fit my devoucoux 17 2AA perfect! the pad is still in good condition 2 years later. i rotate pads, so it gets used once a week, however its been washed and lined dried as needed. the other pad is a lettia coolmax square pad for lessons/ schooling but not showing. the saddle doesn't
need anything more than one of those options...it fits the horse great.

Kestrel
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:28 PM
A couple weeks ago, the Toklat rep was up at Olson's, so I had my Antares measured for a custom saddle pad. I love the saddle, but I can't find anything ready-made to fit it. Toklat will keep the pattern on file so you can re-order as needed.

hollyhorse2000
Oct. 7, 2009, 02:02 PM
Another vote for Eco-Gold. They come in various sizes (Medium, large, XL) and has a forward flap option in both "hunters" and "jumpers." I have a BC 18.5 saddle with a 1" more forward flap and the XL of the hunter version fits perfectly. (they recently had demo versions of this on sale, too.)

Sudi's Girl
Oct. 7, 2009, 02:07 PM
When I got my Prestige Event saddle, I thought I'd NEVER find a fitted pad that would work. Then one day I stumbled across the Fleeceworks fitted pad for a CC saddle at my local tack shop, and it fits like a dream! I save that one for shows though now if I need a fitted pad.

Otherwise I've used the PRI pads or my thinline halfpad with a baby pad. I wanna say my pony pads are also PRI -although they may be Roma??...I can't remember exactly...

Toklat is also a good option!

TheJenners
Feb. 13, 2011, 05:34 PM
OK, bumping this up with a question and a gasp of horror.

I checked all the suggested retailers and still didn't find anything I thought might fit, maybe a couple. But the prices!??? $165 for the bottom of the barrel saddle pad? I don't need anything that does any more than peeks out evenly around all sides of my saddle. I about died. Aghasted!

So, Beval is having a sale AND Tolkat is more reasonable for prices. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on either of those two sites? Please?? No more EcoGold or Fleeceworks, my heart can't take the shock...

shmon
Feb. 13, 2011, 05:39 PM
You're talking just a regular shaped show pad? Get the Butet pad - it's got a bunch of flap length/forwardness configurations and is less than $40 right now on sale.

http://beval.com/Products/Butet-CottonQuilt-Contour-Pad/4045100.aspx

TheJenners
Feb. 13, 2011, 06:30 PM
Ohhhh perfect! I was just on there too, I dunno how I missed it? Maybe I didn't notice that I could get different flaps/sizes. Thank you thank you thank you!! :yes: