PDA

View Full Version : Pony Sale Barns

Lexus
Oct. 5, 2009, 03:43 PM
Given the state of the pony market, I could use a little help moving a few A and AA level poines. One is green, the other very made up. I am primarily interested in finding a sales barn for the green pony. I don't want to go into details so that this isn't interpreted as a sales ad but the pony is ready to show in the children's ponies and is quality enough for the regular pony division. Would love suggestions on pony focused sales barns that are still selling ponies despite the market and economy.

findeight
Oct. 5, 2009, 04:39 PM
You want to pay full board and expenses or work a deal when they sell?

Can you send them to shows?

What geographic area?

Unless you have results it's really not an A or AA Pony and the green ones with no record are sluggish, to put it nicely, more blunt would be you can't give them away at the moment.

Can you think about sending it/them to Florida? Kind of an off time of year for an unproven show Pony with Indoors and the holidays coming up then the exodus south. I'd wait to put them in a sale barn until the shows crank up-sure most of those barns would prefer that as well.

Lexus
Oct. 5, 2009, 04:45 PM
You want to pay full board and expenses or work a deal when they sell?

Can you send them to shows?

What geographic area?

Unless you have results it's really not an A or AA Pony and the green ones with no record are sluggish, to put it nicely, more blunt would be you can't give them away at the moment.

Can you think about sending it/them to Florida? Kind of an off time of year for an unproven show Pony with Indoors and the holidays coming up then the exodus south. I'd wait to put them in a sale barn until the shows crank up-sure most of those barns would prefer that as well.

Northeast or Mid-Atlantic preferred. I understand all your points. Pony has a record at schooling shows but in my zone a rider can't do children's pony and regular ponies so my daughter opted for regular ponies and pony finals this year. Green pony had to do schooling shows. Florida is a consideration as this one has the quality and is almost ready to pack.

findeight
Oct. 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
Good, but I'd still just investigate and ask around to select a good barn and mount your sale campaign after the first of the year when he can be seen at the shows. Much better shot there to both sell and get a price.

What do they officially stick at?

And is there any way DD can get a few rounds in as a Division Pony? Or can you snag a good catch rider? The more you can do at home, the easier that sale barn will have it and the better possibility it actually sells.

Oh, and when you are looking and asking around? Be very clear about getting a WRITTEN contract specifying who is paying for what and how much BEFORE they take care custody and control of that Pony. Insure it too. Best way to stay out of court if things go south.

Texan By The Grace Of God
Oct. 5, 2009, 05:56 PM
You have a pm

llsc
Oct. 6, 2009, 07:06 AM
www.hunterpony.net

Lauren is the absolute best and is my recommendation. She is tiny and rides them herself, and her daughter is a fantastic rider and can show for you to put the mileage on and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. She's incredibly honest and your horse will get trained very well.

Some other good broker barns that sell ponies.

www.jamieterhune.com

www.orchardhillfarm.com

VirginiaBred
Oct. 6, 2009, 07:11 AM
Richard, Patsy & Drew Taylor - hands down.

Located in Montpelier Station, Virginia they are without a shadow of a doubt the BEST in the business.
PM for contact information should you want it.

raave05
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
If you want to stretch your search to Florida, Michael Newman out of Aubrey Hill would be a great place. His daughter is one of the best pony riders in the country, and if your pony is truly fancy, she'll show him in the best light.

www.aubreyhill.com

LH
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:53 AM
What ever you decide to do - get your deal with the sales barn in writing in terms of who pays board, expenses, show fees, commissions, etc. and how that is reconciled when the pony sells. Several very popular pony sales facilities do this verbally, and there have been conflicts with owners.

ponymom64
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
What ever you decide to do - get your deal with the sales barn in writing in terms of who pays board, expenses, show fees, commissions, etc. and how that is reconciled when the pony sells. Several very popular pony sales facilities do this verbally, and there have been conflicts with owners.

If you decide to do the sale barn route, I would make sure that you have peeps that can check up on your pony for you. I sent one to Florida for sale last winter and while the pony was champion practically every weekend - the agent told me that he was a "hard sale" (he is perfect BTW) and no one was interested in purchasing him. Turns out she was making $$$$ leasing him out for the shows and was telling everyone he was not for sale.

I had a contract stating specifically what the expectations, etc were but I was not down there. So, be very careful about who you choose as your agent and again make sure everything is spelled out and THEN double check that your pony is being represented properly

gasrgoose
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you want to stretch your search to Florida, Michael Newman out of Aubrey Hill would be a great place. His daughter is one of the best pony riders in the country, and if your pony is truly fancy, she'll show him in the best light.

www.aubreyhill.com

I agree Aleece is a great rider and a nice girl. And Michael is polite, honest and very professional.

adrianliv
Oct. 6, 2009, 12:20 PM
would you lease the other AA pony I am looking

Lexus
Oct. 6, 2009, 03:29 PM
would you lease the other AA pony I am looking

PM sent

ponylover2008
Nov. 12, 2009, 08:02 PM
Aleece is an awesome rider and has helped sell many ponies by showing them and winning! She is an incredible kid, as well! The Newmans are very honest and upfront to deal with.

ponylover2008
Nov. 12, 2009, 08:03 PM
Also hunterpony.net that was suggested above...Lauren is an incredible person and trainer and her daughter, Elizabeth, is an awesome kid as well!