PDA

View Full Version : Over 30 Entered for T-3D at Team Challenge!

Auburn
Oct. 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
I counted 33 riders in the T-3D at Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge. :D:D:D When I counted a second time I came up with 34 riders.

Hey, Denny, how 'bout those numbers?

Miriam
Oct. 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
We're entered!!! I'm really excited. Not so much about the 3 oclock stadium time which will put us home around 2 in the morning, but definitely psyched about the rest of it.

Camstock
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'm right there with you, Miriam, on both counts.

gahawkeye
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:15 PM
and 14 for the CCI* w/steeplechase!

tle
Oct. 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
Those numbers are awesome!!!

I'll be down on Friday to get ready for Saturday morning -- helping Susie with Frankie in the CCI*wo after XC box and (so far) Chelsie in the T3DE vet box. Anyone else need a hand - just let me know!

Divine Comedy
Oct. 5, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'll be there for the CCI* w/steeplechase! Soooo excited!

CookiePony
Oct. 5, 2009, 08:51 PM
Sooo bummed that I have to travel for work that weekend-- I was going to help Mudroom time the ten-minute box. But I hope to be there competing next year!

RunForIt
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:47 PM
I counted 33 riders in the T-3D at Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge. :D:D:D When I counted a second time I came up with 34 riders.

Hey, Denny, how 'bout those numbers?

Absolutlely awesome! I think this is something that oughta' be in BRIGHT LIGHTS on the USEA website....hmmm....on that right now! :cool:

RiverBendPol
Oct. 6, 2009, 08:45 AM
Brilliant! Have a blast you guys!!

frugalannie
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
Great news! But when I read the title, I thought you meant riders aged over 30. Pol and I are working on a team for next year's GMHA T3D with riders aged over....ummm...maybe I won't specify after all.;)

Auburn
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hahaha! I guess that I need to proof read my titles better. :winkgrin:

Camstock
Oct. 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Anybody else feel like now they have to add another coach to their team--fashion coach for the jog up? :-)

Oh my goodness, tle, we will finally meet! We will be the tallest couple there, Jay and I. Please let us know who you are!

RiverBendPol
Oct. 6, 2009, 01:17 PM
Great news! But when I read the title, I thought you meant riders aged over 30. Pol and I are working on a team for next year's GMHA T3D with riders aged over....ummm...maybe I won't specify after all.;)

O you bet we are. Being as how today is a speacial day for me, the Over __ Team is aging rapidly.

You and Jane have a big head start on me...Lucky I have Aiken ahead so I can catch up!

Hey Mickey
Oct. 6, 2009, 04:18 PM
We will be there!!!!
I'm pumped!!! haha

Camstock, If you need a fashion coach come find me! A year of working in retail in a college town is finally paying off. LOL

tle
Oct. 6, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh my goodness, tle, we will finally meet! We will be the tallest couple there, Jay and I. Please let us know who you are!

Holy cow! SQUEE!! Long time coming. :-) will definitely keep my eye out for you -- I'm 5'6", a few extra pounds (grumble) and short red hair.

Miriam
Oct. 6, 2009, 08:28 PM
Sooo... What are you all wearing to the jog??

*Suddenly panics, as I realize there is yet another thing I have to think about packing!!!*

Camstock
Oct. 7, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm trying to factor in weather for the jog outfits. At the moment I am thinking of doing a long leather-look tan skirt and long-sleeved red similar fabric shirt with a (tucked in) horse motif silk scarf. I need new shoes though, a project for the weekend after hunting. But don't I need two outfits, one for each of the two jogs? What is everyone else doing about that/wearing in general?

Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. I'll be over for final fashion approval/modification--a pre horse inspection handler inspection! ;-)

Yay tle. See you soon! :-)

Divine Comedy
Oct. 7, 2009, 04:39 PM
I've got a jade green fitted sweater that has a very wide v neckline that I'm wearing with pinstriped slacks for one jog. I just bought beautiful and coincidentally perfectly matching jade green pumps for a wedding I'm going to, but I tried running in them and it was a no go, so it's back to my black slipper type shoes that kind of have a sneaker sole.

For the other jog I have a striped off the shoulder long sleeve shirt with brown slacks and similar brown slipper type shoes.

tle
Oct. 7, 2009, 05:31 PM
PSA FYI -- I have a source for cheap 5 gallon buckets. I would need to pick them up this Friday. If anyone going to Team Challenge/3day is interested, let me know asap. I think they're $2 or $3 each and I believe lids are included. Used condition... in that their original contents have been removed (I think it might be the white paint/dust that is used to line soccer fields) but from what I saw last weekend they are EXTREMELY serviceable. Gray color.

Was contemplating picking up a few for my own use. Am happy to pick up for anyone else. just let me know.

Camstock
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:13 PM
tle, unrelated aside--I think your signature quotes are great. I have repeated both of them at times in the last year. Both to myself privately, and one out loud during coaching and the other foxhunting. You can likely guess which was spoken where. :-)

Divine Comedy
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:57 PM
Just got the schedule for the T3D clinics, which us CCI* LF are allowed to attend. Looks like a bunch of great activities! I'm planning on attending the ones on Care of the Three Day Horse, the ABC Times and Steeplechase Course Walk. I'm also hoping that there's a possibility that they might let me school the Steeplechase with the T3Ders on Friday, even though I'm in the CCI*. I've never done one, and there's not really a way to school it here.

tle
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:14 PM
Is the schedule online somewhere? I'd love to see what's being offered when.

You can ask to school steeplechase but I would be fully prepared for the answer to be no. Can't hurt to ask though.

Cam... :-)

Divine Comedy
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:58 PM
Is the schedule online somewhere? I'd love to see what's being offered when.

You can ask to school steeplechase but I would be fully prepared for the answer to be no. Can't hurt to ask though.

Here's the schedule I received:

"Wed, Oct 14 11:30 AM Arrival Meeting
Introduction of clinician Dorothy Crowell
Overview of the Three Day Event
Discussion and Questions

12:30 PM-2:00 PM How to Jog the Horse
Demonstration and Practice with your horse
Dorothy Crowell, Dr Duncan Peters

2:00 PM-5:00 PM Arrival Exams T3D and CCI* horses

5:30 PM Care of the Three Day Horse – Before & After
Vet Box, Tack Discussion
Dorothy Crowell, Dr Duncan Peters

Thu, Oct 15 10:00 AM Competitor Briefing T3D and CCI* Riders

10:45 AM-12:15 PM ABC Times – K Markers, C Markers
Calculations, pace and planning
Steeplechase Course Walk How to wheel, plan for the course

1:00 PM First Horse Inspection T3D horses
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM First Group Steeplechase School –
groups of 4 riders/ 20 minutes (times will be scheduled)
5:00 PM Cross-Country Walk with Dorothy Crowell

Fri, Oct 16 8:00 AM- 12:30 PM Dressage T3D horses
1:00 PM-3:00 PM Cross-Country Walk with Dorothy Crowell
3:30 PM-4:30 PM Second Group Steeplechase School
5:30 PM Demo and Discussion with Dr Epp, Flair Nasal Strips
6:30 PM Mandatory Rider Meeting T3D and CCI* Riders
7:15 PM-8:00 PM Team Building Meeting for Endurance Day (optional)

Sat, Oct 17 Endurance T3D
5:00 PM Optional Jog for Dorothy Crowell and Dr Duncan Peters (location will be announced)

Sun, Oct 18 6:45 AM-7:30 AM Optional Jog for Dorothy Crowell and Dr Duncan Peters(location will be announced)

9:30 AM – 10:30 AM Third Horse Inspection T3D
2:00 PM Stadium Course Walk with Dorothy Crowell
3:00 PM Stadium Jumping, Awards"

And yeah, I figured that exact same thing about practicing steeplechase. :-) But, like you said, it never hurts to ask, right? The worst they can do is say no. I'll definitely go watch the steeplechase practice though.

gahawkeye
Oct. 8, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I never schooled one before my first CCI* either. Was told:
go faster than you think you can,
don't take a tug and 'remember'
the time starts as soon as you cross the start line - so none of this 'easing into it'. It's only 3 minutes....

Oh, yeah, wheel it and ride the inside line.

Its fun and over before you know it!

abrownhorse
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:04 PM
LOVE the Cliff's Notes version of Steeplechase!

Hampton and I are both chompin' at the bit to get going! Well, at least I assume he is going to totally dig it!