PDA

View Full Version : Turning stockings into a tail bag ?

mandalea
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:35 PM
On horsehero, on 'Laura Braisley's Eventing Tips', she says you 'can turn a pair of thick ladies tights into a tail bag'..

How do I do so ? I have the tights, but what now ?:confused:

Romany
Oct. 5, 2009, 06:29 PM
On horsehero, on 'Laura Braisley's Eventing Tips', she says you 'can turn a pair of thick ladies tights into a tail bag'..

How do I do so ? I have the tights, but what now ?:confused:

I'm guessing she bandages/wraps the horse's dock using a stretchy bandage, pulls the cut-off tight up over the tail, and holds it in place by bandaging over the top a couple of times. That's what I did when trailering a poopy horse.

Hope that makes sense!

mandalea
Oct. 8, 2009, 02:11 AM
I think I worked it out :)

I'll take a picture of it this arvo. It looks pretty ok to me, though it looks like a 2 man job :)

SmartAlex
Oct. 8, 2009, 11:35 AM
Cut off a stocking leg. Put two slits in the top of the stocking so you have two tabs to tie together. Then you basically have the same creature as a lycra tail bag you would purchase.

Heinz 57
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:55 PM
If you have three stockings (not sure what you'd do with the fourth, since they always come in pairs...), you could fashion one of those 3-tube tail bags that you put each section of a braid in and braid down. I always liked those kind best, they seem to put less stress on the root of the hair.