PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest charity show in Indiana

enjoytheride
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:38 PM
Is anyone going to Octoberfest in Indiana? It's a two day all horsey fest to raise money for arena footing improvements. It has a contesting show, western, english, arab, and gaited flat classes, a HJ show, a dressage show, a CT, and XC schooling all packed into one weekend.

Something for everyone and cheap cheap cheap

http://www.indianahorsecouncil.org/Events/octoberfest.htm

pony grandma
Oct. 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
Do note also -- the show attire is relaxed dress!! very good for first timers and old timers!! polo shirt and 1/2 chaps okay.

Some great fun classes for dogs and people.

And $20 Xcountry schooling available - what nice fun to get to go out with friends, make new friends, and have an experienced lead horse for help that day.

Also plenty of stalls for overnight and probably a few parties with the campers!!

I hope that this becomes an annual event.

Dressage.For.Life.
Oct. 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
Would go if I had a horse to ride in it (mine was recently diagnosed with a bone spavin), but I may take pictures of friends this year. I hope it becomes an annual event as well- the combined training show each April used to be nice, but it's gotten quite big!

bigbaytb
Oct. 4, 2009, 10:02 PM
I would like to clarify who the charity show is being held for at the HHP Octoberfest.

enjoytheride misspoke: the fund raiser is splitting the proceeds between the Indiana Horse Council and the Arena footing fund, not the cross country course. The cross country schooling fees that are collecting during the year are put back into the cross country except for the Octoberfest weekend, where those funds will be donated to the charity.

Please come out. It will be lots of fun!

enjoytheride
Oct. 4, 2009, 11:34 PM
It seems I was not aware of what the money was for specifically (the showbill stated footing improvements and I know the arenas as well as the XC course footing need help) when I posted in excitement of having a new show to attend at a facility I adore. I am sure coordinating a multi discipline show is very stressful and I certainly hope to have not ruffled any feathers. I hope people attend this show no matter the reason the money is being raised and that it becomes a new fixture.

bigbaytb
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:59 PM
It seems I was not aware of what the money was for specifically (the showbill stated footing improvements and I know the arenas as well as the XC course footing need help) when I posted in excitement of having a new show to attend at a facility I adore. I am sure coordinating a multi discipline show is very stressful and I certainly hope to have not ruffled any feathers. I hope people attend this show no matter the reason the money is being raised and that it becomes a new fixture.

Hey ETR..no ruffled feathers! When running a charity event that partially supports a state run park, we have to be very specific on where the money goes. So we are trying to keep any misinformation to a minimum. That is why I clarified to you and thus are able to make it a multi-disciplined event since only 2 organizations really use the cross country course. Since schooling funds go to the xc footing along with IEA's contributions, it was deemed more prudent for the arenas to get the donations since that is what most organizations use and where 90% of the complaints to the HHP is arena footing. IEA has been aerovating, fertilizing and seeding the cross county course with the help of the HHP personell. No hard feelings and I'm glad you are excited!! ..so where's your entry? LOL

enjoytheride
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:45 PM
My entry is on its way! Having personally fallen off in the dressage rings I believe it is the least I can do to contribute to a softer, gentler footing!

bigbaytb
Oct. 6, 2009, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=Having personally fallen off in the dressage rings I believe it is the least I can do to contribute to a softer, gentler footing![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol: