PDA

View Full Version : Jingles! Invite Hospitalized After Fall

whicker
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:18 AM
Invite, Beth Psaledas, has asked for jingles and encouragement. She was thrown from one of her young horses. She now isn't able to move her good right leg and can't walk. She will be moved to a rehab hospital, probably early in the week.

Invite doesn't have wifi in this hospital, but we will bring your thoughts to her. Please contact me if you want to reach her. She is feeling pretty low and lonely without her cell phone and computer. Whatever you post, we will make sure she reads.

I know she will be posting as soon as she can.

Thanks in advance,

Robin Hirst

Auburn
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:25 AM
Jingles from KY

stryder
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:27 AM
More jingles from WA

pintopiaffe
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:35 AM
Oh NOOO!!!!

Please, please let her know I'm thinking of her and praying for a quick recovery. I'll email you. (was going to anyway)

Dressage.For.Life.
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:35 AM
Jingles from IN

Reiter
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
Lots of jingles from CA!!!!

twofatponies
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
Wishing her a quick and complete recovery!!

BuddyRoo
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:47 AM
Jingles. Poor gal! Thank you for the update.

Antaeus
Oct. 3, 2009, 10:51 AM
Jingles, prayers, and blessings for a speedy recovery coming to you from So Cal.:cool:

NeverTime
Oct. 3, 2009, 11:25 AM
Oh poop. That's just awful. Please send lots of healing vibes her way. This has been a tough week for a lot of people.
Beth, be strong and focus on taking good care of yourself. Try to smile when you feel like crying ... and read lots of trashy magazines like OK! That always cheers me up.

Coreene
Oct. 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
Beth, you hang in there! Lots of best wishes coming from your pals in The OC. Robin, please keep us posted and can you PM me an address for Beth?

dwblover
Oct. 3, 2009, 12:29 PM
Jingles from SC!

Vesper Sparrow
Oct. 3, 2009, 12:39 PM
Double jingles from Montreal!

slc2
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:38 PM
Hang in there and keep working at your recovery, do everything you can to keep healing, keep strong, and keep looking forward to the day when you are well. Lots of good nutritious food to heal that leg, as much movement as you can do and the doctors will tolerate! Don't listen to negative stuff, just keep working and working. Be strong!

Ellie&Werther
Oct. 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
That is terrible! :( Sending well wishes from Minnesota. Robin, Let us know if we can do anything else for Beth.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 3, 2009, 05:41 PM
JUST got back from the conference and saw your e mail, will contact immediately!! JINGLES!!!

johnnysauntie
Oct. 3, 2009, 06:27 PM
big jingles for Invite. Hope she's back in the saddle (literally and figuratively) very soon.

sidepasser
Oct. 3, 2009, 06:33 PM
jingles during Beth's convalencence (sp?) I hope she is doing much better soon.

MEP
Oct. 3, 2009, 06:40 PM
Lots more jingles from Washington!

Bogey2
Oct. 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
Oh no, poor thing!!! jingles for Invite!

indyblue
Oct. 3, 2009, 07:00 PM
Thats awful.Thinking of you from New Zealand.Stay strong.You know,the power of the mind and all that................:)

Piaffing
Oct. 3, 2009, 07:23 PM
Send Beth my best. I sent you an email.

Golden Gait
Oct. 3, 2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Everyone, I am Kristen.. the one who has been helping her with some lessons... I am so upset that she got hurt. She had the best ride on Wednesday and did incredibly well, I can't believe this happened...

I am thinking of her often and saying some prayers that she has a speedy recovery..
Jingles Beth

maxxtrot
Oct. 3, 2009, 08:58 PM
jingles from florida

cavalli
Oct. 3, 2009, 09:04 PM
Lots of jingles for a quick recovery from NC

Wayside
Oct. 3, 2009, 09:16 PM
Jingles for a quick and uneventful recovery!

amdfarm
Oct. 4, 2009, 12:06 AM
Jingles from Iowa!!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 4, 2009, 12:12 PM
They are hoping to get her a computer so she can keep in touch!

Chall
Oct. 4, 2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck, your body will heal. Wishing you a good healthy healing, and Im sure all the horses on this board are sending you their whinnies and nickers of encouragement.

quietann
Oct. 4, 2009, 12:55 PM
Many jingles from New England!

whicker
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:20 PM
I talked with Beth today and she was in good spirits. The pain meds are working and her mind was flying along, working well. She only has partial use of one hand right now. I read to her all your posts and emails and pm's She was sooo happy that you care! She is concerned that she can't write to you until the computer arrives. She misses her coth friends a lot.

I am working on speeding up the delivery of the computer and getting a spoken voice recognition software for it. I will let you know when it arrives. Anyone have experience with talking dragon naturallyspeaking version 9? Does it come with a PINK dragon?

Beth expects to be moved to a rehab hospital either Mon or Tuesday. She thinks that it will have wifi, and hopefully a therapy swimming pool. She hasn't heard back from the tests yet, so just waiting for the acute phase to chill out. She will probably be at the rehab for a number of weeks.

She is already talking about riding in the Spring and wants to trail ride in Virginia. She has so much courage and positive energy towards coming back to being on the saddle again.

Please keep her in your thoughts. I thank you for your encouragement. You ARE making a difference to Beth.

Robin

Luvthespots
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
Jingles from TX

Ellie&Werther
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:50 PM
I talked with Beth today and she was in good spirits. The pain meds are working and her mind was flying along, working well. She only has partial use of one hand right now. I read to her all your posts and emails and pm's She was sooo happy that you care! She is concerned that she can't write to you until the computer arrives. She misses her coth friends a lot.

I am working on speeding up the delivery of the computer and getting a spoken voice recognition software for it. I will let you know when it arrives. Anyone have experience with talking dragon naturallyspeaking version 9? Does it come with a PINK dragon?

Beth expects to be moved to a rehab hospital either Mon or Tuesday. She thinks that it will have wifi, and hopefully a therapy swimming pool. She hasn't heard back from the tests yet, so just waiting for the acute phase to chill out. She will probably be at the rehab for a number of weeks.

She is already talking about riding in the Spring and wants to trail ride in Virginia. She has so much courage and positive energy towards coming back to being on the saddle again.

Please keep her in your thoughts. I thank you for your encouragement. You ARE making a difference to Beth.

Robin

Glad to hear Beth is in such good spirits! Send her my best. :D

Piaffing
Oct. 4, 2009, 08:56 PM
I spoke with Beth this afternoon. She seems in very good spirits and is so looking forward to riding again. Beth has such a positive outlook that she will get through this.

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:12 PM
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery from CA!

Long Spot
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:51 PM
Keep your spirits up, Invite! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best wishes!

Kimberlee
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:55 PM
Jingles and Prayers!

monstrpony
Oct. 5, 2009, 02:57 PM
Serious jingles for a speedy and "uneventful" recovery!!

NowThatsATrot
Oct. 5, 2009, 03:12 PM
Sending jingles as well!

wilhemina
Oct. 5, 2009, 04:39 PM
Please pass along my jingles for a fast recovery. I met Beth at the Missy R. clinic and was so inspired by her wonderful determination! Feel better soon Beth.

Donkey
Oct. 5, 2009, 08:03 PM
Jingles for a quick and painless recovery!! I hope you get some computer access soon not to mention some equine hugs.

whicker
Oct. 6, 2009, 05:28 PM
Beth expects to be released from the rehab tonight. Her WONDERFUL parents have made arrangements for her to be cared for at home. I think we will hear from her as soon as she gets even the evil notebook in her grasp!:D:D:D

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 6, 2009, 06:58 PM
I just spoke with her - she's exhausted, but the rehab place did not sound like the kind of place we'd want her to be! So she's hoping to make it on COTH tomorrow - she was so touched by all your responses. I did tell her that there's a special forum that has been added as well, she can't wait to see it!

harveyhorses
Oct. 6, 2009, 07:22 PM
Positive attitudes get better faster. :yes:
Jingles and good vibes from Va. Glad you are with your parents, MUCH better than rehab.

Trakehner
Oct. 9, 2009, 07:15 PM
Good wishes to Beth for a quick recovery...just keep up the fight.

cottagefarm
Oct. 9, 2009, 08:34 PM
Speedy recovery Beth.
positive vibes coming from Florida.

twofatponies
Oct. 9, 2009, 09:19 PM
Glad to hear the update. All the best for a quick recovery.

whicker
Oct. 10, 2009, 12:30 AM
Beth is still very exhausted. She is doing PT and OT and she is slowly getting better. She can move her legs and shuffle walk short distances. It takes a very long time, but a big improvement over where she was.

The big news is that she was able to walk the distance to the driveway and got into the car to go give her horses carrots. She needs a wheelchair and she fell asleep by her horses. It was so nice to wake up to them near by. I think they must be happy to have her back, too. :)

She hasn't been up to working or reading on her computer notebook. I pass along the CotH news to her. She loves to hear from you, so please keep posting. :winkgrin:

Thanks,
Robin

MEP
Oct. 10, 2009, 12:57 AM
Congratulations on making it home, and best of all, to see the horses! :D

Polydor
Oct. 10, 2009, 02:00 AM
Somehow missed this posted till now! Sounds like your already on the mend but huge massive jingles from alberta!

P.

Leena
Oct. 10, 2009, 08:02 AM
I wish Beth a quick recovery !!!

slc2
Oct. 10, 2009, 08:41 AM
PT and OT can do great things! You will see a lot of progress!

Invite
Oct. 12, 2009, 10:51 AM
It is very hard for me to type as I can only use my left thumb and my right index finger, but I wanted to give you all a sincere thanks for the jingles and warm thoughts sent my way! Please excuse any errors in my posts as I sometimes miss a letter b/c the keyboard lacks sensitivity.

My parents opted to go the route of visiting nurse, in home PT, in home OT and a speech therapist (for my newly developed improper swallow reflex). Rehab nearly killed me via anaphylactic shock even though the hospital and I both informed them of my severe soy allergy. Sadly, as my throat was closing and my tongue was swelling, I had to tell the nurses how to treat my anaphylaxis! The following day it was 10:30am and I had still not been given my am meds. B/C of my nerve disorder, I require meds 4x/day. Thank goodness my parents took me out of that hell hole!

Right now, my nerve problem has been kicked back into high gear and my myoclonus is rearing its ugly head! Once my nerves settle down a bit, I will probably begin in pool therapy. YAY!!!

I am dying to get through this and get back in the saddle. Once again,I am super happy I was wearing a helmet, although I'm mad I whacked my head and need to buy a new one! I am determined to be riding Rubianna and Screech (if his DDFT heals)with my new CO GR8 by spring. She was going wondefully. Hopefully the sane, wonderful girl will still be there in the spring.

Thanks again for all of the jingles! I am thankful for each and every one!

Wayside
Oct. 12, 2009, 11:12 AM
Whew, how scary! :eek:

Glad to hear you're back at home and getting better. Best of luck to you during your recovery!