PDA

View Full Version : Breast Collar - glow in the dark

whitesage
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:51 AM
I'm buying my horse a new breast collar soon, to use with his Barefoot cheyenne treeless saddle. I've been looking at the Zilco breast collars at actionridertack.com for awhile, and I swear the last time I looked, there was a 'glow in the dark' or 'reflective at night' option among the many colors.

Looking now, I can't find anything like that, although a review over on horsetackreview.com mentions this color choice. Does anyone know what happened to them, or another place I could buy one?

JollyBadger
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
You could contact actionrider directly and see if they still carry them, or would be able to get one for you. The last time I was on their site, they did have a glow material cavesson.

Or, just do an overall search on the web to see if it's something that Zilco still manufactures.

GreyDes
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:56 PM
If it doesn't have to be that specific brand, you can order a glow in the dark overlay on a custom breastplate from Running Bear. It's called "Glo Belt"

http://store.runningbear.com/catalog/display.php?cartid=4ac7815604e7c&zid=1&lid=1&cat=27&scat=222

Good luck!

Aylisha
Oct. 5, 2009, 12:31 AM
www.hought.com
they make both reflective AND glow...and the neat thing about their glow...it works off body/sun/any source heat too, so needs no "light" to charge it. THey make really nice quality tack.

jeano
Oct. 5, 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.mossrockendurance.com

Although they dont offer the glow overlay on their breastcollars, they do on a lot of their other tack and might be able to do a glow breastcollar if you ask...their stuff looks nice and affordable.

Auventera Two
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:03 AM
Try Hought Tack. They have beautiful products, and I think Zilco quit making the glow belt style. About a year ago, all the endurance shops had their glow belt products on closeout sale and I haven't seen much in that line since.

goeslikestink
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:12 AM
pm me but in uk if you cant get one

rod601
Feb. 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
I was searching for a way to buy glo-belt material but saw the question about glo-belt tack. In Jan. I bought a britchen with glo belt overlay from Margaret at www. madtack.net and she custom made it for me since I sometimes ride my mule at night. I also have glo-belt overlays on both the mule and horse halter bridle, breast plate and cruppers from her. That stuff is great and mysterious how it works! haha Good luck.

Sharsque
Feb. 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Flashing Breast Plate!
An excellent choice for the early dusk of the fall or for those late evening, summertime rides.
The Horse e Lites™ Flashing Breast Plate is equipped with 16 high intensity, long life LEDs embedded in a fully adjustable harness PLUS a Super Reflective Strip on every surface to maximize visibility even more. Select SOLID or FLASHING lights that can be seen up to a football field away.

Polymer LED circuit board technology provides durable flexibility and a soft, non-scrape backing rests comfortably on the horse. Buckle tested with strong welded D-rings, it is lightweight and water resistant. One size fits all. 4 Lithium CR2032 Batteries included. SAFE AND FESTIVE!!!

chicksaddlery.com

PRS
Feb. 14, 2010, 04:50 PM
Try Melissa at Freedomtreeless.com. I know she HAD one in stock at one time and is still using the same supplier.

http://www.freedomtreeless.com/

howardh
Feb. 15, 2010, 08:35 PM
Zilco can be found on Toklat.com

The have the breast collar