PDA

View Full Version : Interest from those coming South to Aiken...

tbeventer
Oct. 2, 2009, 05:34 PM
Another cother recently posted something similar, but my situation is slightly different. As the other poster said, this is NOT an ad... just looking for feedback.

I have an extra bedroom and bath on 8 acres with a derby field and fences and a "dressage area"; 1 and possibly 2 or 3 available stalls with turnout about 20 minutes from Aiken in Windsor. Located around the corner from Lynn Coates-Holmes and just down the road from Sporting Days. Since most people come down with their trainers or barns, are there people that are interested in renting an actual room and having a place to be based out of with a couple horses for a given period of time this winter? As an eventer who is always struggling to "make it", I know the value of having affordable places to be based out of when traveling, so I'd like to share what I have... if it is needed and wanted.

If folks think this could be something useful to others coming South for the winter, I'd love to know, so I can broach this to my husband... although I'm sure he'd allow me to do it, anyway.

luise
Oct. 2, 2009, 05:54 PM
If I were going down (would love to, but somehow doubt it this year), I would certainly be interested!

Snapdragon
Oct. 2, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sure you would get a lot of interest. When I took my horses down about 5 years ago (I would kill to do it again; so heavenly), I kept mine at the trainer's, but my friend kept her horse at a place halfway between the trainer's and where we stayed, which was yet another farm that had a small cottage that we rented.

Good luck if you decide to rent it out. Having stayed at a few places that had stables and housing, it seemed like everyone got along great and it worked out well. That's eventers for you.

Flipper
Oct. 3, 2009, 09:21 PM
Ooooooh! That's definately food for thought! I must say that not having a place to stay has been my most recent excuse for not planning to go south for a few weeks this winter/spring. I think that's a great idea!