PDA

View Full Version : endurance and/or trail riding in Middle TN

AKL
Oct. 2, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi, I live in Nashville. I have ridden in the past and would like to find a place to do endurance or trail riding because I would like to ride for pleasure. I was riding dressage and I also posted on the dressage thread because I would like to find either a trail riding or dressage instructor. I would prefer to find a barn within 30 miles of Nashville, most preferably 30-45 minutes from the Green Hills area. But if someone is willing to negotiate on price, I would go farther.

rmh_rider
Oct. 2, 2009, 10:46 AM
I live in N.AL. I ride up there in TN and down here in AL and just about all over in this area. You just need to hook up with some other trail riders locally or not local, and start to ride! We do have some endurance riders in this area, and we do meet up and ride together. Of course it all depends on our schedules.

Depending on your horse, you can start riding at Percy Warner which is right there in Franklin. Unless you live right at a trail head, you will have to trailer out to ride. I just went to Percy Warner to meet up with another endurance rider on Sunday. Wow was it a nice day!

It shouldn't cost anything to hook up and start riding with other riders to help you get started. You will learn things the more you ride. Yes, you can pay somebody to ride your horse on trails. But you need to know how to ride your horse through those trails, learn by doing.

Check out endurance dot net for more info and good basic info on endurance riding.

You can also go to a ride, and help as a volunteer. You could drive to the YellowHammer ride this weekend and watch, volunteer, or just camp. I have a couple few friends riding that ride this weekend.

I am going to ride here today as soon as my shoer resets my filly's shoes this morning. I will be going to a local trail here about 10 miles from me.

If you want to meet up sometime, let me know.

AKL
Oct. 2, 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks, but I don't have my own horse. I am looking for a place that has horses I can ride some.