PDA

View Full Version : Area 1-Kent ht?!

EventerOP
Oct. 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
Our any of you area 1 riders going to kent horse trials this weekend?! I was so excited about going but the weather doesnt look to great. . . it looks decent for sunday but friday night and saturday dont sound to great. That kent hill always seems to get thing worse so im debating about going.

Whos going? Who isnt sure?

I havent made up my mind yet:no:

JackW
Oct. 1, 2009, 06:49 PM
The ground at Kent dries really quickly and should be good on Sunday. We are coming from Western NY (6 1/2 hours) and will be there!

luise
Oct. 1, 2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm not going this year, but if my horse were sound I would have gone, and would still go with the weather. Yeah, the hilly dressage rings are a pain, so you'll probably need studs if the ground is wet. I figure if you paid, you might as well go and check it out and can decide then.

Ritazza
Oct. 1, 2009, 09:08 PM
Jealous.... I'd love to be going and running about in the rain (was supposed to maybe be my mare's first Training) but she did in her LH SDFT on XC at the AECs so we're out for awhile :no: I'd give an awful lot at this point to go and freeze my butt off at Kent!

EventingDiva
Oct. 1, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'll be there with 2 students! Wish I was riding too, but my horses is out for the rest of the season. We come from about 3.5 hrs away. Unless the weather reports takes a turn for the worst we will be there. The grounds seem to handle rain well. If we get there and we don't like the footing then there's another day another time.

I love the grass stadium ring at Kent. One of my students horses gets frantic in stadium and the large, grass ring really helps him settle into his pace. One of my students will be running training and the other is competing in her and her pony's first recognized BN (adorable grey pony decked out in navy and light blue). Hope to see you all there!

CANTEREOIN
Oct. 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
It will be my move up to Novice. I am excited... and I have heard that it handles rain well. Does anyone know the course? I took at look at the viritual course walk... but its unclear... is there a ditch? anything funky?

RiverBendPol
Oct. 2, 2009, 12:11 AM
I am really surprised to see so many people debating whether to go to an event because it might be rainy. Sure is a new mind set. Anyone care to elaborate for me?

CANTEREOIN
Oct. 2, 2009, 12:25 AM
I am really surprised to see so many people debating whether to go to an event because it might be rainy. Sure is a new mind set. Anyone care to elaborate for me?

Only see one debating and the rest of going ;)... Personally, a little rain is not a problem... torrential downpour and bad footing... maybe. That decision would be made with careful thought.

kml84
Oct. 2, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'll be there rain or shine:D But as to bathe or not now that is another question....temps and lack of a hot water hose makes me think no bath...lots of elbow grease on Saturday:eek:

Kent was my first Training 3 years ago, very excited to go back again!

Guyot
Oct. 2, 2009, 01:16 PM
Going here.. have a student running in Training and I'm riding two babies round BN! Times are a bit tight but they said they'd be really flexible, so I'm really excited!

Personally rather run in rain and mud any day rather then running on hard, hard ground! Much more slippery! Ever since they changed the course at Kent and the finish is no longer on a down hill slope it's ridden much better. Now talk to me about doing dressage on the side of the hill, on grass, in rain.. that's what I'm concerned about, x-c not so much! :lol:

See everyone there!!