PDA

View Full Version : Trail Riding

Joan Elaine
Oct. 1, 2009, 05:31 PM
I have a gelding and ride western. I'm a fair-weather rider and I live in Shrewsbury, PA. Does anyone out there go for pleasure trail rides? I like a nice, leisurely ride, not a fast-paced one. I'm 63yo and a good rider, but I don't like to ride at a fast pace. A canter up a hill, ok!

Nezzy
Oct. 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
Not sure where in PA that is. My horse is in Wind Gap next to Jacobsburg State park. would love to ride with you if you can get here. PM me if interested.

baylady7
Oct. 2, 2009, 02:39 PM
If you ever come down to MD we can ride with you; mapquest shows you are about an hour away (59 miles). Lots of nice parks here,

Joan Elaine
Oct. 2, 2009, 06:05 PM
Not sure where in PA that is. My horse is in Wind Gap next to Jacobsburg State park. would love to ride with you if you can get here. PM me if interested.

Hi, Nezzy,
I live near the PA/MD line near RT83. I have a trailer. I work during the week, but am available on the weekends (weather permitting).

Joan Elaine
Oct. 2, 2009, 06:06 PM
If you ever come down to MD we can ride with you; mapquest shows you are about an hour away (59 miles). Lots of nice parks here,

Hi, Kathy,
Where exactly are you in MD? I'm actually from MD.

Bank of Dad
Oct. 3, 2009, 12:40 AM
I have a trailer and would love to ride at Spring Valley County Park. Unless you ride there all the time and are sick of it. Also Lake Redmond. PM me.

baylady7
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hi Joane

I keep my boy in Woodbine at a friend's farm (I live in VA on the VA/MD/DC line). We are near lots of nice parks (4 miles from Patuxent River park) and we also hack around our farms and some of the neighboring farms. We are members of TROT as well. Feel free to PM me if you would like to ride out some time. We usually stay within the 2hr ride length, mostly walk with trot and canter thrown in where the going is good.

Kathy sends

PS- we have hacked out with Bank of Dad and she is super to ride with!!!

CoopsZippo
Oct. 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
There is so much down that way. Pinchot, Codorus State Park, Rocky Ridge, William H Kain Park, Spring Valley, Apollo, The Rail Trail,

Nezzy
Oct. 4, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hi, Nezzy,
I live near the PA/MD line near RT83. I have a trailer. I work during the week, but am available on the weekends (weather permitting).

if you ever want to drive up to Jacobsburg State Park, let me know in a PM. i'm there most weekends. I rode today it was gorgeous.