PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong that....

yellowbritches
Oct. 1, 2009, 09:18 AM
....when my mom told me this morning that we could wait to celebrate her big 6-0 (which is Fair Hill weekend and I was planning on skipping FHI to go celebrate with her) when she comes down for Rubicon a couple of weeks later, that I was whooping and hollering and jumping up in down in my head? :lol: I love my family, but it was KILLING me that I wouldn't get to Fair Hill this year!!!

Is that wrong???;)

FLeckenAwesome
Oct. 1, 2009, 09:33 AM
well...maaayyyyyybeeeee, but that totally makes me wrong too!!!!

:) Glad it all worked out for you :)

scubed
Oct. 1, 2009, 01:56 PM
I postponed my wedding for a week, so I could show at Red Hills. I, obviously, see no problem with this. :D

2ndyrgal
Oct. 1, 2009, 03:54 PM
I told my son and his lovely bride to me that they had better check my fall calendar next year very carefully as I have tickets to WEG and a horse I'll be competing. The wedding is at our farm regardless, if they are smart, I'll be there. If not... well, y'all let me know how the punch was.

yellowbritches
Oct. 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
I guess it would be wrong if I was blowing her birthday off for Fair Hill, but since I made the point in trying to do something for her, I think I got rewarded with good karma. :D

riderboy
Oct. 1, 2009, 07:41 PM
No.

RiverBendPol
Oct. 1, 2009, 11:19 PM
I went to my Mum's 80th during Groton House...Finished XC, put the horse up for the night, walked SJ, arranged pone's supper and late night to be done by friends, jumped in the car and bombed down to Boston. Went on the harbor cruise with the entire family, followed by the fancy dinner and got back to sleep in the trailer by midnight. Mum was on to me (and ever so grateful) but nobody else REALLY knew where I'd been and where I was going. She had excused me from the festivities for Groton House but my times just happened to work out (thank you, Dear Gloria, RIP) so I could slip away from the event.

Mothers are amazingly resilient and by the time we're having 60ths and 80ths and 56ths:eek:(next week-horrors) it is all pretty simple. If the kids have more important things to do, like running at Fair Hill, we can understand!

yellowbritches
Oct. 2, 2009, 01:50 PM
If the kids have more important things to do, like running at Fair Hill, we can understand!
Ha! I WISH I was running (and my mom would have totally gotten that and been there to cheer me on). I guess I wasn't clear enough...I just want to go to watch, I guess that's I was wondering if it was wrong! :lol: