View Full Version : Kentucky Breeder Gary L. Cook

Sep. 30, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hello, I have Gary L. Cook listed as the breeder for my TB, based on a JC tattoo search. I was curious if there is any more information out there floating around on my boy, I'd love to find out how he came 2229 miles to end up doing Hunter/Jumpers with an Adult Ammie. Does anyone know if Mr. Cook still breeds TBs? Have contact leads? Would he care about this horse?

The horse seems to be the only one of his half-siblings to not race, his dam was Lions and Lace and his sire Chief Honcho. My guy was registered as Chief Bearcat.

He's had an interesting life so far, from what I can tell, and is very much loved in his new home.

Oct. 1, 2009, 01:19 PM
Don't know of a Gary L. Cook, but this horse sold for $5,500 as a yearling, so I doubt Mr. Cook knows much about its life. He might like to know that the horse is OK. I would if I had bred it. It was a long time ago, though.

Oct. 1, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the input, I was wondering if he'd gone at one of the yearling sales. I found results on a lot of my horse's half siblings through the Keeneland sale documents, but nothing 2000 or earlier.

I'm really curious to find out how my horse went from the track to a chuckwagon rig...I understand that it is common for drivers to pull horses straight off the track, but I always thought they wanted the kind of hot ones. My guy is really not hot, although he may have mellowed with age ;)