PDA

View Full Version : Can someone check out a TB's history for me please

Kate66
Sep. 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
This mare came into our rescue recently. She's a sorrel about 17hands. Her tattoo seems to be H06660 or maybe H0660?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

caffeinated
Sep. 30, 2009, 05:08 PM
does she have white markings? that would make it much easier to ID her :)

H06600 and H06660 are both bays, so maybe get a better look at that, too.

Kate66
Sep. 30, 2009, 05:51 PM
I don't see any white in the photos but have sent a note to her foster mom to check. The vet approximates her age around 4 - does that help any? I have a photo of her tattoo that I could send. Apparently definitely 5 numbers plus the letter. The 4th number is a tricky one. The foster home is going to try to take another photo in a different light again tomorrow and see if they can get a better read on it. It would be great to know some of this big girl's history.

caffeinated
Oct. 1, 2009, 08:23 AM
it's really easy to search partial tattoos - you can do it for free on equineline :)

But you really need any markings. Even if they're small - so pictures of feet and head may be more helpful than more pics of the tattoo (if you do get more pics of the tattoo, tell the person not to take them from too close unless they use the macro setting on the camera. Standing a little farther away generally gets a clearer picture, which makes it easier to see than the blurry closeups people usually take).