PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly impossible bit to find! 6 inch Baucher with a Lozenge

vxf111
Sep. 30, 2009, 01:16 PM
This is stumping me and annoying me! I am trying to find (in the US preferable) a 6 inch Baucher with with a Lozenge/bean in the middle. Doesn't really matter who makes it or what metal it's made from, we just want to find one to TRY. So far, it seems like Neue Schule makes one called the "Tranz Angled Lozenge Baucher" only it doesn't seem to be available in size 6 inch in the US or in the UK! Herm Sprenger makes the "KK Conrad Ultra "B" Ring Snaffle" only that doesn't seem to come above size 5.75. Stubben makes a "Steeltec Baucher Bit" only that doesn't seem to come above size 5.5. Am I looking for something impossible to find?

steelerino
Sep. 30, 2009, 01:59 PM
Where did you see that the Neue bit can't be ordered in a 6in? I selected the 6in and proceeded to checkout without it telling me I couldn't order that size. It even recommends Airmail shipping to the US.........Did you try to order it?

SouthernComfortMax
Sep. 30, 2009, 02:14 PM
Check out drafttack.com that is where I got Max's bit. It is a french link boucher. They have a HUGE selection of bits!!!

vxf111
Sep. 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
Tried ordering the Neue at worldwidetack.com, and they did not have it.

vxf111
Sep. 30, 2009, 02:21 PM
Southerncomfort, I can't seem to find any boucher bits on that website?! Am I missing them?

Oh wait, I see, they have them under "snaffles." No bouchers with a lozenge :( there's a French Link and a plain jointed but none with the bean in the middle :(

StefffiC
Sep. 30, 2009, 05:10 PM
Find the bit you want in a pelham and have the shanks cut off. Instant Baucher.

slc2
Sep. 30, 2009, 06:23 PM
Doesn't the paddock have it? sorry, paddock has a french link baucher.

titansrunfarm
Sep. 30, 2009, 10:32 PM
Like this one?

http://www.shop4bits.com/item--Tranz-Angled-Lozenge-Baucher-Cheeks-14mm-DL--8022B.html

Baucher with lozenge available in 6"!

vxf111
Sep. 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the leads! Did NOT expect this to be so tough to find!!!

MSE
Oct. 1, 2009, 01:29 AM
Try to find a tack store in your area that carries Dewsbury bits. They make a boucher in a 6" size. It generally doesn't take too long to order one in from the manufacturer, but they are very pricy.