PDA

View Full Version : Ian Stark Clinic in GA

lduhamel
Sep. 30, 2009, 12:15 AM
If any one is interested in riding with Ian Stark he will be at Pine Top Farm (GA)the Weekend of Oct 23-25. It is a 3 day clinic organized by Robin Bass, Area III adult rider coorindator. There are plenty of openings in n/bn, but if more training/prelim/inter people sign up the groups can be shuffled around. As many of you have read in the past he is a fantastic clinician and has been doing Area III adult rider clinics for 7 or 8 years, WE LOVE HIM!!!! Yes, he had a health bad scare over the summer, but Robin says he is doing well and will be coming. So contact her (her email is on Area III website) if you are interested, we always have a great time!!!

lduhamel
Sep. 30, 2009, 12:17 AM
before any of you comment on it, i realized there are a couple of spelling erros, sorry, no spell check was done!!!!!

3dazey
Sep. 30, 2009, 06:47 PM
Just wanted to add that the xc courses will be all in place from the October PTF event so it will be an excellent school on perfect footing, no matter the weather (which should also be perfect at this time of year). Ian is such a kind, fun, forward-thinking clinician. He gives just as much to the BN group as he does to the P's...which can be rare with ULRs.

There is no one who knows more about xc riding than Ian Stark, but he's not about being overly technical...he gets you going forward and then you just "get on with it". We don't have enough of that these days. And what a sense of humor...and that laugh...:lol:

I am so looking forward to seeing him again!

flutie1
Sep. 30, 2009, 07:57 PM
Is Ian up and running after his medical problem?

LAZ
Sep. 30, 2009, 08:53 PM
Is Ian up and running after his medical problem?

He was cleared to go back to go back to whatever he felt up to a couple weeks ago.

He is also a grandpa--his daughter, Steph, gave birth to a boy on 9/9/9

flutie1
Sep. 30, 2009, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=LAZ;4411369]He was cleared to go back to go back to whatever he felt up to a couple weeks ago.

That's great. Scary time for him.

NewbieEventer
Oct. 1, 2009, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have more info about this? I searched the area III website, but didn't see anything about the clinic.

gahawkeye
Oct. 1, 2009, 02:14 PM
As Laura said in first post....Contact Robin Bass, Area III Adult Rider coordinator

"So contact her (her email is on Area III website) if you are interested, we always have a great time!!!"

Basically, clinic is three days - D: Friday, SJ: Sat, CC: Sun more advanced groups go first, baby groups go last. Dressage usually runs like a semi-private lesson for a grueling 20-30 minutes. Jump sessions are 1-2 hours depending on group size and issues. You definently get enough 'time' for your money!

Robin will have prices. Stabling fees go directly to Pine Top.

RunForIt
Oct. 4, 2009, 10:13 AM
Most fun DH Billy ever had at a clinic was the one I did at Poplar some years back...and Billy never sat on a horse! :D :cool: He DID get to ride shotgun in the gator while Ian drove XC....:eek: :lol: