PDA

View Full Version : PPE vet serving Penn National

Beam Me Up
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a PPE vet who serves Penn National who does digital x-rays, for a sporthorse prospect. Not sure if I should post this here or in eventing, but I thought you guys might know more vets up there.

The digi x-ray requirement is for a bump I want looked at, and think it would be easier to bring my trailer up and do it same day rather than wait for next-day development/reading.

Thanks for any suggestions!

DickHertz
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:27 PM
may I ask where the bump is on the leg?

Beam Me Up
Sep. 29, 2009, 10:41 PM
Pastern of a front leg, so likely an osselet.
But I want to rule out chips, make sure it isn't expected to interfere with the joint.
Sound today, but am hoping for a longer term prognosis for eventing.

SteeleRdr
Sep. 30, 2009, 02:32 PM
Try Dr. Brophy. Not sure if he goes to the track, but he's the man for a PPE.

Laurierace
Sep. 30, 2009, 03:14 PM
Try Dr. Brophy. Not sure if he goes to the track, but he's the man for a PPE.

Dr Brophy never leaves the track. I don't know if he has digital yet or not though.

KBEquine
Sep. 30, 2009, 04:56 PM
If you're still looking for suggestions, I think Green Glen goes to the track - Wade Wisner (might have misspelled that) is my personal favorite with Dr. McCubben my next choice.

http://www.greenglenequinehosp.com/

Also try Dr. Joan Henderson at Henderson Associates - located pretty close to the track & does sporthorse pre-purchases:

http://www.hvaequine.com/index.html

Both have digital radiographs.

SteeleRdr
Sep. 30, 2009, 06:19 PM
Dr Brophy never leaves the track. I don't know if he has digital yet or not though.

Well he does leave the track, because he comes down to our farm and a few others in the area for my boss and her clients.

I just wasn't sure. I knew he was up that way, I only met him when he came down a few weeks ago to do a PPE on a horse for a client of my boss.

DickHertz
Sep. 30, 2009, 06:27 PM
Dr. Brophy has digital x-rays.

Use Wade Wisner...he's the best by far. He goes to Penn national 2-3x per week.

Beam Me Up
Sep. 30, 2009, 11:46 PM
Thank you all for the great suggestions.

Beam Me Up
Oct. 12, 2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry to bump, long story short, horse is for sale again (did a little more racing . . . ) and I am having a horrible time finding a vet. All of those on this thread, as well as those suggested by PM, are not available within the next week or so.

I am relaxing my sport horse and digital x-ray requirements--any suggestions so much appreciated.