PDA

View Full Version : sizing for Pikeur Diana coats?

RunForIt
Sep. 29, 2009, 08:07 PM
I have a brand new Pikeur Diana dressage coat, size 6 which is way too big, but its the smallest size I could order. Am wondering if its worth having it tailored to fit (will also jump in the coat) or if there is some way to get one in a US size 2?

Got this one through a UK dealer - gorgeous coat, just didn't realize how large they run...a US 4 would do fine, but this one is wwwaaaaaayyyybig!

NJRider
Sep. 29, 2009, 11:27 PM
That is odd... my experience is with Pikeur coats is they run very small for the size they are. I wear a Women's 10 and need a 14 in a Pikeur for example. So I am surprised your Women's Pikeur 6 does not fit if you wear a 2.

Mary in Area 1
Sep. 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
I wonder if it is a REAL Pikeur. I went shopping with a friend who wears a US size 2 and she ended up buying the size 8 in the Pikeur Diana because she wanted to be comfortable in the shoulders. I can't imagine a size 6 being too large, unless you mean it is LONG in the body and sleeves (i.e. the coat is OK around your chest and waist but you really need a SHORT size.)

Movin Artfully
Sep. 30, 2009, 11:30 AM
I'm normally a size 4. Pikeur Diana size 8 fits quite well. Another vote for them typically running small.

rileyt
Sep. 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
Yup. Me too. They run SMALL...

I usually wear an 8 (sometimes a 6). For the Diana, I wear a 14!

saxony
Sep. 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
My daughter who is a 3/4 in regular clothes has a Pikeur Diana coat and it is an 8. My other daughter who is a 6/8 fits in a 12. They definitely run very small.

Saracatherine
Sep. 30, 2009, 09:12 PM
My Diana Pikeur is a 6-8 and I normally wear a 4. It fits everywhere perfectly, but is just a tad long in the sleeves.

RunForIt
Sep. 30, 2009, 11:33 PM
thanks, everyone. this weekend I'm going to take some pics and post...I'm small but not on the miniscule side of small....:lol: :cool:

Plantagenet
Oct. 1, 2009, 09:13 PM
also a vote for the Pikeur Diana running quite SMALL.

exvet
Oct. 1, 2009, 10:01 PM
Interesting............I bought one oh about 9 or so years ago. It was an 8 and big on me though passable. I finally found a tailor a few years later willing to take it in for me. It is no doubt the real deal (proven when the tailor took it apart to cut it down). I usually wear a size 2. It fits quite well now.