PDA

View Full Version : Dressage specifc barn - where would you advertise?

mbm
Sep. 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
for a barn that is offering boarding - barn is high quality full care.

what would be the best place to advertise to get the word out?

located in Sonoma county ca.

(not my barn btw! - asking for a friend)

so far we have BAEN
and sonoma county cds

any others?

WBLover
Sep. 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
Your local tack shop(s) for sure. Most of them keep a local barn list, with what disciplines the barn is geared towards. It's where I've always looked when I needed boarding! :)

sid
Sep. 29, 2009, 05:21 PM
Also, your local dressage association chapter newsletter. Your friend might also shoot an email to your local dressage trainers (who do not have their own barns, presuming outside trainers are welcome). Also equine veterinary surgical facilities, if they have a bulletin board.

Brookes
Sep. 29, 2009, 06:18 PM
Riding Magazine, we can also do a story on the barn, training etc. Call us!

AnotherRound
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
Here (not on your coast) we have several newsletters, such as steedread (local all around newsletter and classifieds) and others. Good luck, I'd take Brookes up on her offer!!

Knothead
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:26 PM
Your local tack shop(s) for sure. Most of them keep a local barn list, with what disciplines the barn is geared towards. It's where I've always looked when I needed boarding! :)

I second this. Even when I'm not "looking", I always check out the ads at the tack shop and always take note of the "dressage" facilities.

paintlady
Sep. 30, 2009, 09:11 AM
Also, your local dressage association chapter newsletter.

I agree. Our local dressage chapter's newsletter always had good classified ads.

blackhorse6
Sep. 30, 2009, 09:16 AM
Maybe I should move your way!!! I wish someone would advertise for a "dressage specific barn" in my area!!:yes: Seriously, the local GMO's are great for advertising and the first place I look when I relocate..

Good luck to your friend!