PDA

View Full Version : Look at my new project!

elmerandharriet
Sep. 29, 2009, 05:15 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=163155786&albumID=1324286&imageID=38791402

Shes a 2003 model shes 15.3 and a total sweet heart. Im very excited and hopefully plan on showing next year! Shes from an eventing barn so hopefully Ill get some combined test in shes free jumped 4'6 but under saddle shes jumping 3'3 courses. The barn was shutting down and sending alot of horses to Sugarcreek our local kill auction.

SGray
Sep. 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
looks like a cutie

WBLover
Sep. 29, 2009, 05:33 PM
Lovely mare, and my favorite color (black bay with white markings)!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Sep. 29, 2009, 06:04 PM
I can't access the pic but would love to see her!

MEP
Sep. 29, 2009, 06:30 PM
She is seriously cute! Looks like you're going to have great fun with her. (and yes, hard to beat a dark bay with a blaze - lovely!) :D

elmerandharriet
Sep. 29, 2009, 07:27 PM
maybe it will work better with this link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=30587081&id=1512278651

Im very excited!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Sep. 29, 2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, she's PRETTY!!!

Zu Zu
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:30 PM
WOW !!! NICE PROJECT !!!!

quietann
Sep. 29, 2009, 10:34 PM
Beautiful -- have fun with her!

elmerandharriet
Oct. 5, 2009, 07:33 PM
I finally got on her today! I had been recovering from a surgery so she sat and waited i finally hopped on today and im in love!

JackSprats Mom
Oct. 5, 2009, 09:56 PM
OMG tell me she seriously wasn't going to auction...is the market really that bad that a horse that nice can't get sold??

Grats she looks stunning!

elmerandharriet
Oct. 5, 2009, 10:51 PM
She was on the trailer for the auction! I think she will be the best 500 dollar investment ive ever made shes really fun and her personality is starting to show since shes getting to know me

Arab/WBGirl
Oct. 5, 2009, 11:12 PM
well I am first of all stunned that a horse like that would end up at the killers. I can't believe the times are that tough. And second, I am properly jealous that you only paid $500 for her. Please post more pics when you can and keep everyone updated on how the two of you are doing. She is my very favorite color (black bay with chrome). Keeep your fingers and toes crossed that my 2011 baby is the same (although I'd prefer a colt please).

Beautiful, and lucky, girl to have been rescued. Good Job!!
Dawn

grayarabpony
Oct. 6, 2009, 01:49 AM
What a beauty and unbelievable that she was going to go to Sugarcreek.

Cat - OnceUponADressageDream
Oct. 6, 2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, gorgeous...and look at that TROT! Keep us updated, what a great find! :)

Zu Zu
Oct. 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
I tht. she was too cool !! I did not realize the price and where she was headed - God Bless you for buying her and saving her and ENJOY she is really nice !!! She is Super cool !!!

MissBri
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
WOW!!

She is beautiful:yes:

jumpingmaya
Oct. 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
Congrats for buying that beautiful girl!! I REALLY LIKE her!!!

Like you said, probably the best $500.00 you've ever spent... she'll pay you back in thousands :winkgrin:

Have a great time with her!! And if she's free jumped 4'6"- combined events might just be your niche!!! :D

elmerandharriet
Oct. 6, 2009, 11:17 PM
Im so happy with her shes a great horse I will take some more pics tomorrow and put some on! She seems eventing might be a way to go since she jumped the fence today... and not many horses deserve to go to sugarcreek its such a bad place.

TSWJB
Oct. 7, 2009, 12:08 AM
she is really nice! i am so glad you saved her! i wish you success.
how sad that she was going to a kill auction!!! did many of the other horses at the barn go to the kill auction??? were they nice horses like your mare?
i cant believe other people from your area wouldnt snap up some of these other horses if they did indeed go to the auction. 500 bucks for a nice horse. so lucky for you, but soo sad for the horses.

WBLover
Oct. 7, 2009, 09:59 AM
I tell myself every day that my DD's pony I paid $500 for was the best $500 I ever spent!! He's a GEM! He's only 5 and is still green, but is SO smart and is SO obedient, and takes really good care of my daughter. She almost "bounced" off of him the other day when trying learn to canter on the lunge, and as soon as he felt her sliding sideways, he STOPPED dead in his tracks. I did not even say "whoa"! I was SO impressed with the little guy!

He was saved from one of the Amish auctions in OH, maybe it was Sugarcreek, by the stable I bought him from. They probably only paid a couple hundred for him at the auction, they fattened him up, had some of her 4-H girls put w-t-c on him, and then I bought him. She probably made nothing on him, but was happy to see him go to our good home and to my DD who adores him!!

We've since fattened him up even more! :lol: The first picture is when we first got him, the rest are now:

This is Flash the POA:

http://picasaweb.google.com/notasoccermom68/Flash#

Lora
Oct. 7, 2009, 10:19 AM
Were any of the other horses saved - how many went to Sugar Creek?

MissBri
Oct. 7, 2009, 10:36 AM
How cute is that little team?????

Your daughter is adorable and the pony looks very happy!

johnnysauntie
Oct. 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
Love the recent pix with your DD, she looks so pleased and proud of her pony - and rightly so, he is a cutie! :winkgrin:

elmerandharriet
Oct. 7, 2009, 01:46 PM
A total of 7 went to sugarcreek, there were 6 mares and a stallion and they were all really nice i was having a tough choice making my choice. If i didnt board I would have taken 2. She was the only saved we tried to get a few other people to take some but it was quick notice

Lora
Oct. 7, 2009, 03:46 PM
A total of 7 went to sugarcreek, there were 6 mares and a stallion and they were all really nice i was having a tough choice making my choice. If i didnt board I would have taken 2. She was the only saved we tried to get a few other people to take some but it was quick notice

When did they go? Isn't the S. Creek auction on Fridays? fyi - on another site there are people that go to S. Creek to rescue horses.

elmerandharriet
Oct. 7, 2009, 05:19 PM
Last friday

juliet
Oct. 7, 2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.pedigreequery.com/mollys+cat

FalseImpression
Oct. 8, 2009, 12:48 PM
The FOBs were working that auction and saving horses. Maybe they were lucky?
http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexbrown/messages?msg=41622.1

It breaks my heart when well trained horses are sent on without the owners giving them a chance. Good for you for saving your girl!

TSWJB
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:36 PM
Do you know the stable/owners that closed? were these school horses?
why was there such quick notice that no one else could come and possibly take a look? how did you find out about it? i feel so happy for your mare, but soo sorry for the other horses. were they nice looking well trained horses like yours seems to be?

elmerandharriet
Oct. 8, 2009, 10:02 PM
Alot of the mares were broodmares the stallion was nice he had been to some clinics and there were two mares under saddle mine and another. I got her sent out because of a mass text sent to alot of people in the area I believe it was a emergancy and the stable needed money quick pretty much if you showed up with a trailer before friday you could have your pick.

Ive been getting on her the past few days and shes really nice I was hoping to take a lesson this week on her but shes still not settled in yet (she jumped the fence and is still nervous) she is enjoying being worked with but shes a bolter... ive noticed so im hoping that goes away once shes more settled

Chall
Oct. 9, 2009, 03:51 AM
Post above this one are spam links. Dont click on them.
Edited to add, no longer, mod cleaned it up.
Carry on