PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest Horse Trials at KHP

BigMick
Sep. 29, 2009, 12:14 PM
Is anyone planning to attend the Octoberfest Horse Trials at KHP the weekend of October 24-25?

http://www.champagnerun.com/showinfo/2009octfestinfo.shtml

There's a horse trial, combined test, and dressage show. Entries close 10/12.

I'll be there with my new horse along with a few of my barn mates.

And rules be damned, there will be a crock pot of something yummy outside of my stall!! ;)

Mariequi
Sep. 29, 2009, 07:46 PM
I should be leaving for Aiken the week before. Had hoped to be here to visit at Octoberfest. I wish you the best with your new horse. Have a big crock slug for me!

enjoytheride
Sep. 29, 2009, 11:31 PM
No but I am attending Octoberfest at the HHP on the same weekend!

It's a combo western, barrels, gaited, winglish, hunter jumper, dressage, ct, and XC schooling over one action packed weekend.

TheBrightSide06
Oct. 3, 2009, 12:07 AM
Im going! I have a big goofy bay TB gelding named Kobie (Why the long Face) and we are doing 2 CTs (BN, and Novice).
Hope to see you all there!

lwk
Oct. 4, 2009, 12:42 PM
I am planning to enter!
This will be first HT for my young mare, so could be exciting.
Trying to decide whether to do HT or just CT. Will probably also be doing 1 or 2 dressage classes.

Fence2Fence
Oct. 4, 2009, 04:47 PM
I had so much fun there last year. You all will have fun!

shr
Oct. 6, 2009, 01:51 PM
Will be Albert's debut at the KHP! Looking forward to finally being back at THE Park!

Anyone know what to expect from the Novice HT course?

BigMick
Oct. 6, 2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone know what to expect from the Novice HT course?

I'm wondering the same thing! I don't really doubt Fuji's ability to get it done, but curious nonetheless. Also wondering how the Stadium will ride - will it be twisty/turny??

Fence2Fence
Oct. 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Last year, both the Novice XC and SJ were friendly move-up courses. I don't recall the SJ being twisty-turny.

BigMick
Oct. 9, 2009, 04:22 PM
Well, I've sent in my entry!! <hyperventilates>

Fuji (Precision Cast) and I will be entered in the Novice division.

I couldn't include my Coggins as I forgot to bring it with me to work today. I wrote a note 'splaining that I'll send it next week. Hopefully, I won't get rejected!