PDA

View Full Version : Chip Wooley

DickHertz
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:28 AM
He's been on crutches for five months now, what's the deal with his injury? Is he ever going to walk again?

ThisTooShallPass
Sep. 29, 2009, 12:57 PM
Recently saw a pict of him still on crutches & wondered the same.

Consider he has probably been a lot more active than recommended? I can understand perhaps a delay of healing due to continued aggrivations of the issue?

Not his Doctor so no clue.

pinkdiamondracing
Sep. 29, 2009, 01:09 PM
A friend of mine who knows him well was telling me that the injury was REALLY bad, and that there was question for a while if he was even going to keep the leg-- apparently it was a bad compound fracture which pierced the skin and subsequently tried to get infected.

farmgirl88
Sep. 29, 2009, 01:33 PM
once infection gets into an injury like that it gets pretty bad because it enters the bloodstream and then can spread up the leg and throughout the body. if the infection isnt caugfht soon enough and is permitted to spread; it can kill a person. not good and it makes the healing process even longer.

pinkdiamondracing
Sep. 29, 2009, 01:45 PM
Added to the fact that he was supposed to keep it ELEVATED-- a little hard to do when you're walking over for the Derby!!!:yes::yes:

Glimmerglass
Sep. 29, 2009, 04:02 PM
Ah, well now that he's in California he can talk to Lava Man's connections so that maybe just a little stem-cell therapy and he'll be running around like an 18-yr old again :)

ThisTooShallPass
Sep. 29, 2009, 06:56 PM
Why Glimmer, be sure to mail him your very practical views on improvement & recovery. :D