PDA

View Full Version : Bet Twice

Louise
Sep. 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
I was just doing some research on a mare on the Trainer's Listings, whose grandsire was Bet Twice. It says that he died at age 15, after being pensioned since the age of 12. I tried to do a little internet digging, but go nowhere. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Kim
Sep. 28, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Louise,

Bet Twice was also my mare's grandsire (on her dam's side - her dam was Nearcross). Sorry, I don't know anything about Bet Twice other than what is listed on pedigreequery.

I would be interested in knowing what you find out.

Kim

ivy62
Sep. 28, 2009, 09:37 AM
My horse's mommy's sire was Bet Twice also and have had very little luck in finding much out about him. IF you get any info it would be greatly appreciated if you shared....
All I know is what I read about him during his racing career.I do not know what he died from either at such a young age....

ejm
Oct. 3, 2009, 03:21 PM
He stood at Lanes End initially, and the 1996 TB Times Stallion Directory showed him standing at Cedar Creek Farm, Route 2, Box 319, Brenham, TX 77833 (409) 836-0057. No listing for 1997, which would have been consistent with him having been pensioned.

The Blood-Horse sires books also show him as having died in 1999. You could contact the research dept. at the Blood-Horse - he was a Belmont winner so they probably ran an obituary. Lanes End might have information too.