PDA

View Full Version : McIntosh and other exciting news!

spotnnotfarm
Sep. 27, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hey everyone!

I found out yesterday that McIntosh may re-open next weekend. They are in the process of gettingit ready now. I will keep ya'll posted.

I also spoke with the head of Carroll County Parks and the new park they are building on the Carroll/Heard line Blackjack Mountain will be open by summer!!! They will have stalls and paddocks. The horses have been given part of the mountain away from the 4 wheelers.

There is also another park in the works in the Whitesburg area that is a historical site but horses are going to be given the back half of the property. It will take a year or two to develop but it is also coming.

They were going to link McIntosh with the new Chattahoochee bend park in Newnan but due to liability they have nixed that idea:(. However the Chattahoochee park will open also this summer.

I am so excited that are opening so mnay areas here for horses. Just wnated to keep ya'll updated.

ChocoMare
Sep. 28, 2009, 08:48 AM
Cool :cool:

Sooo, how about a McIntosh ride on the 10th or 17th?

Raleigh's Mom
Sep. 28, 2009, 08:54 AM
Assuming the saddle I just got works out for my Arab, I'll ride at McIntosh on either of those dates!!!

We really are fortunate to have lots of trails nearby to choose from. We should get together a group to do trail work days so that we can be sure to keep them.

spotnnotfarm
Sep. 28, 2009, 11:55 AM
I can go the 10th! I have the science class on the 17th but we could try a picnic ride again on the 10th. Dana-could you make that yummy pasta salad??

Raleigh's Mom
Sep. 28, 2009, 12:25 PM
Dana-could you make that yummy pasta salad??

Sure can!!! My husband always likes when I make it, too.

ChocoMare
Sep. 28, 2009, 01:51 PM
10th is good with me too!!!