PDA

View Full Version : Jumpstart results...

RunForIt
Sep. 26, 2009, 04:04 PM
am starting this so we can just get results ...everyone send what you have, please. many of you riders, volunteers, and officials surf on COTH, please send results and info as you have them ---( PLEASE :D :cool: :D )

annikak
Sep. 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
Golly, wonder who you are looking for???:D A particular (spectacular) bay and his lovely mom???

eponacowgirl
Sep. 27, 2009, 09:45 AM
Golly, wonder who you are looking for???:D A particular (spectacular) bay and his lovely mom???

Hers are usually the first ones to make it up, I thought for sure one of you would have posted them!!! TEASE!!

She should be starting XC around now, right?!

Dini1
Sep. 27, 2009, 11:52 AM
Im not sure of the results at this time. I do know there was alot of elim. in my dressage ring. I left yesterday afternoon. Everything was flooded including the stalls.
I was elim. in dressage for a lameness that couldnt be found even after 30 mins of the vet prodding and poking, so I never went out XC.
I know the weather was horrible and they kept changing xc days. Hopefully its better today and everyone stayed safe.

tommygirl
Sep. 27, 2009, 02:30 PM
Stacey and Taco finished 7th! Well done! and Me and Max finished in 5th. Had a great weekend!

RunForIt
Sep. 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hurray for all! You've done SUCH a nice job with Max, tommygirl - he's just lovely. And for CP to finish 7th in her very first Training - well, that's simply icing on EVERYONE'S weekend, in KY or elsewhere!!!!! Hope to hear good things for DW and Bonnie!!!! :cool:

Now happily going out to ride!!!!!

annikak
Sep. 27, 2009, 03:22 PM
:):D:winkgrin::cool:

Lynn, how'd it go for you???

RunForIt
Sep. 27, 2009, 04:11 PM
:):D:winkgrin::cool:

Lynn, how'd it go for you???

ditto !! :D ! :winkgrin: ! :cool:

Absolut Equestrian
Sep. 27, 2009, 05:43 PM
I was elim. in dressage for a lameness that couldnt be found even after 30 mins of the vet prodding and poking, so I never went out XC.

Interesting...I know someone else who had that happen this weekend. The horse was later checked by another vet who couldn't find a thing wrong. Did you lodge any sort of formal complaint?

pinkdiamondracing
Sep. 27, 2009, 06:02 PM
Dr Chris Newton and Antebellum Jewel finished 2nd in Prelim and Olympicdreams04 (Lauren) was 7th with her awesome mare With Perseverance aka Percy or Moosey!!!!
Auburn was Res. Champion at Beg Novice Championships on the lovely Tess!!! Glad to finally meet my phone friend in person-- after caring for Tessie both times she has been a patient @ the clinic I work at, I was looking forward to seeing her compete and meeting her person in person finally!!!

tle
Sep. 27, 2009, 06:28 PM
Taco looked great on XC! A few time faults dropped them from 4th to 7th.

(Oh and Stacy, it wasn't Taco I was remembering it was Bob)

Lynn & Bonnie had a rough go this morning. I can't remember where they were after SJ (picked up rail(s) and time) but had 2 stops at the Teepee Log before retiring. I couldn't see from where I was, so I don't know much more than that.

CallMeGrace
Sep. 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
tle - thank you for helping me to choose studs! My daughter was also very grateful because I showed up with the right things! She ended up 8th - not bad for her first HT since May Daze last year. Slow on XC, but she picked up the pace for stadium. She is ready for dressage boot camp (her trainer's prescription). Anyway, the weekend went in the right direction, with a very positive end. And, tle, you pronounced her name correctly (for which she is eternally grateful - her name is Rhona and it usually morphs into Rhonda, which she hates) ;).

Auburn
Sep. 27, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks, Pinkdiamondracing.
It was wonderful to finally meet you, too! I believe that Tess remembered you. She was definitely smooching up to you. She could not have been in better hands, when she was so sick.

Mariequi,
It was nice to put a face to your voice. I hope that your move back to Aiken is an easy one. Good luck on Dublin.

DW,
You have a lovely mare. Congrats on your stellar dressage ride. I am sorry that the rest of your weekend was a tough one.

Slp2,
I hope that you can find what is causing your horse to be lame and that it is fixable.

HER,
It was very nice to meet you and your DH. How was the footing for Prelim?

Finally, I got to meet a lot of COTH'ers at JumpStart. However, I still haven't met Cookie Pony and Taco. Good job for your first Training!

HER
Sep. 27, 2009, 07:23 PM
I met so many great COTHs this weekend!
Congrats to CP and Taco, and Auburn and Tess!
I have to thank DW for her last minute loan of her pelham bit! We found our first half halt out on prelim xc today and were able to only get 18 time penalties (we had 40 last time!). It was a leap of faith to go out on xc with a new bit and two reins but my horse was super! He has gotten so great at answering every question out on course no matter how poorly I ride! With the half halt today I got way too close to a few jumps and he just packs me over and forgives me. Now I can gallop because I can trust the whoa. By the end of the course I barely needed the curb rein! So we finished 10th which is my first prelim ribbon! Yippee! I'm so excited about how far we've
come-he is my first eventer, and we have learned the levels together. My husband is kindly driving us home now-not too far to Ohio!
I can't wait to see everyone again soon!
Helen

Dini1
Sep. 27, 2009, 07:27 PM
Interesting...I know someone else who had that happen this weekend. The horse was later checked by another vet who couldn't find a thing wrong. Did you lodge any sort of formal complaint?

I went to the office and disagreed with the ruling but I didnt know what else to do. It took the vet 30 mins to decide which leg he thought it was and then kept changing his mind about it. That was after the jog in hand and the 20 min ride in the schooling arena.
I am taking him to Dr. Genovese tom. to see if he can find something because no one else can. Its very upsetting since I drove 6 hrs to get there and then when I got my dressage test the only movement that was scored was my centerline. I completed 4 more movements after that before she stopped me and nothing was written.
Now I wonder if I should even attempt to go to the team challenge. I already paid but hate to waste the gas and hotel just to get booted again for no reason.
Sorry for the vent. I hope everyone had a good time despite the weather.

deltawave
Sep. 27, 2009, 07:55 PM
I posted on the other thread--Bonnie skidded really badly in front of the A-frame/trakehner and got really rattled, so we called it a day. Up until that point, she was awesome--I have to be happy with a short, successful round today. ;) I was 60/40 about not going, because the footing to me seemed very, very iffy at best (I'm a footing freak) but I decided to go as far as seemed do-able--in this case about 400 meters. :lol:

tle
Sep. 27, 2009, 08:04 PM
tle - thank you for helping me to choose studs! My daughter was also very grateful because I showed up with the right things! She ended up 8th - not bad for her first HT since May Daze last year. Slow on XC, but she picked up the pace for stadium. She is ready for dressage boot camp (her trainer's prescription). Anyway, the weekend went in the right direction, with a very positive end. And, tle, you pronounced her name correctly (for which she is eternally grateful - her name is Rhona and it usually morphs into Rhonda, which she hates) ;).

Wow, I didn't realize it was a Cother than I was helping! I just needed something to do! LOL Glad your daughter liked the choices and super glad she had a good run.

DW... would have loved to see you and Bonnie go but can definitely understand the decision to retire. Sounds like the appropriate one. I missed seeing your SJ round by 1 ride as I turned around to see the next horse going. :-( Not so funny, I did the same with Stacy's SJ ride.

deltawave
Sep. 27, 2009, 08:21 PM
HER, I'm so glad the bit worked out! It was Gwen's bit, so maybe she was galloping alongside you today. :) :) :) I know if she got to choose where and what heaven was, it would be in Kentucky, doing Prelim XC in the mud. ;)

CookiePony
Sep. 27, 2009, 10:26 PM
Such a great weekend and met some new COTHers (hi HER and olympicdreams!)-- but not Auburn!! How is this possible? We WILL meet someday!

Taco was just fabulous. I was so proud just to be sitting on his back, let alone flying over those big (to me) fences with him.

Reading this when I should be working so no more details right now, but I will say that I thought I heard my ears ringing while I was warming up for XC-- it was all the well-wishers here on the BB! :D :cool:

riderboy
Sep. 28, 2009, 10:12 AM
Deltawave; I know that jump at the Kentucky Horse Park, my wife jumped it at Ky Classique and it is an impressive trakehner. Not one I would want to slide into. Good for you for calling it a day.

HER
Sep. 28, 2009, 10:29 AM
Dw- after you left I watched a few other training rides over that jump, and the two riders I saw refused out. So the footing there was obviously an issue. They put alot of limestone there for our division and it felt ok. I guess my guy just doesn't care- I didn't notice the footing at all out there. Do you remember where you got that pelham? I would like to order one- there are no tack stores near me and I have a hard time deciding the length of the shank in pictures, and not all of them tell how long they are. I think this bit may be a more permanant one!
Helen

deltawave
Sep. 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
HER, check your PTs. :)

hhfarm
Sep. 28, 2009, 08:23 PM
Anyone remember who the photographer was?

CallMeGrace
Sep. 28, 2009, 08:32 PM
There were two - Housman and Perry:

http://www.housmanphoto.com/

http://vwperryphotos.com/index.html