PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood XC decor is BEAUTIFUL!

FlightCheck
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:03 PM
The person(s) in charge of decorating have done a wonderful job - there are BIG pumpkins all around the start boxes and off to the sides of fences, scarecrows and fall flowers....I am hoping to take some photos.

TwinGates
Sep. 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
Glad I saw this b/f leaving; bringing my camera!!

mlranchtx
Sep. 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
Yes it is very colorful and festive!!! :yes:

FlightCheck is that you announcing? If so, keep up the great work!

Divine Comedy, your cross country run was awesome as always!

cranky
Sep. 26, 2009, 11:21 AM
I loved this at King Oak a couple of weeks ago too. All the jumps were decorated with pumpkins and cornstalks and flowers in Fall colors. They did a great job, I loved it.

Divine Comedy
Sep. 26, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yes it is very colorful and festive!!! :yes:

FlightCheck is that you announcing? If so, keep up the great work!

Divine Comedy, your cross country run was awesome as always!

Thanks! Dante was AWESOME, it was our best run ever, even better than the CCI* at CO in May. We needed a good run before Midsouth, so I'm sooo happy that he was so on today, and that I was on too. Maui Jim, even though we were clear, (although I did forget a jump), we just out of sync in all the mud, and Feather Creek we had a stop thanks to my stupidity. So we really needed this and I feel really confident going into the long format now.

FlightCheck, just have to mention your awesomeness! I think that you are by far the best announcer I have heard, and it's always great to hear your commentary at GW! Everyone in the barn appreciated it when you stated that the training rider who caused the hold was okay, so many announcers forget to tell everyone that. Even my non-horsey mother commented on how good you were.

FlightCheck
Sep. 26, 2009, 08:20 PM
Now y'all are making me blush....thank you.

anchorage
Sep. 26, 2009, 08:24 PM
My mom decorated the water complex as well as a few others. I would love to see photos as I was not able to go to Greenwood this year. She also decorates Meadow Creek

archieflies
Sep. 27, 2009, 06:45 PM
It was nice! It was a very, very easy course at Novice (says the person who had a really stupid stop at the silly, straightforward ramp...), but at least it was interesting to look at! :) The last jump was especially nice!

Staidum was really pretty as well... (and easy too, no stupid stops there!) I loved the yellow oxer with all the hanging flowers!

And of course, great announcing!

I only wish the starter on XC had not forgotten to count me down. I guess the time penalties didn't make a difference, though, when I was next to last anyway!