PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FEI Games - tickets

crittertwitter
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:14 AM
OK, so I noticed the tickets go on sale today... at noon to be specific.

Anyway, it's kinda, err, costly to take more than one or 2 people. :eek: I guess it should bring in a lot of money.

Who's going?

Marney
Sep. 25, 2009, 10:05 AM
My mom and I are going! My hubby and 4 yr old are staying back with the ponies. It is expensive but it will be well worth it I'm sure...I am so excited!

TooManyChickens
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'll be there.. with 3 other friends and one friend's mom. Should be fun! Doing 2nd day of dressage in the afternoon, the GP freestyle that night, x/c, and stadium. It is pricey, but seeing this event will be amazing.. Gonna try to get myself a nice new digital camera before then.. have a whole year to save now for it.. since I'll be selling a kidney to pay for these tix.. ha...

RiverBendPol
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:51 AM
We have our tickets. 5 of us going. I guess we'll be there unless, between now and then, I get so furious at the price tag and decide to sell out.

Sillymoose
Sep. 25, 2009, 12:59 PM
We just got our tickets for stadium and cross country. I am so excited. I remember when we were saying it's only 4 years away and now it's only a year a way. I've got to save a lot of money in the mean time though. I've already looked at a list of some of the vendors that will be there and I know I'm going to want to spend everything I've got. :)

pixietrix
Sep. 25, 2009, 02:01 PM
Yay Pol! see you there, did you get tickets in the GOOD seats??

:)

CBK

Hilary
Sep. 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
I got mine - how is it that XC is the most expensive thing to create yet has the cheapest tickets and Dressage the most $$??

We're going to the Freestyle, XC and eventing show jumping. Maybe 1 more day for 'real' show jumping.

AM
Sep. 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
Cross country is cheap because it takes place over a large area that can accommodate more people than can fit into the seats in a grandstand. Those volume makes up the difference.

I've been to every WEG so far and will be going to Kentucky with my same tour group. There are half a dozen of us who get together every four years and meet a bunch of new people as well. Next year my niece is going with me. I gave her part of the trip as her college graduation present last year. Due to the deposits requested way in advance for both tickets and hotel, our trip is almost paid for already with only a small bit due next spring.

RedMare01
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:26 PM
Me! Going to the dressage freestyle. Can't wait!

Caitlin

Robby Johnson
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
Do I understand each session of dressage (morning and afternoon) requires a separate ticket purchase? And can you really only purchase one ticket at a time via Ticketmaster?

I think I'd rather go to Rolex and do something non-horsey next autumn.

FlightCheck
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:06 PM

CookiePony
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:21 PM
I got a ticket early-- just me going, OH not as excited about it and so the price is not worth it.

I also reserved my hotel-- geesh, that was sticker shock for sure.

RedMare01
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:28 PM
Do I understand each session of dressage (morning and afternoon) requires a separate ticket purchase? And can you really only purchase one ticket at a time via Ticketmaster?

Yes, this is true. I can understand that tickets are expensive, but my problem is splitting up morning and afternoon sessions. I find that somewhat ridiculous.

Caitlin

maudie
Sep. 25, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm going for Cross Country, Marathon, and Stadium Jumping. I live about an hour away so the drive isn't too bad. I'm thinking about buying more tickets, but I don't want to get in too deep and then have a conflict. Since I would only be 16 I'd need a buddy

spirithorse22
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:05 AM
Just started to research ticket prices. :eek::eek: *whistles* Is it strange that I almost just want to walk *around* the horse park while its holding the games? :lol: Soak up that atmosphere? Anybody doing any racing stable tours while in town? Or do you think the whole town will drop everything and focus on the WEG? I suppose that's likely since it's the World Equestrian Games. :lol:

I'm getting giddy just writing about this. I think I should quit COTH lurking, WEG ticket pricing, and go. to. bed.

Still, very excited about WEG being held here in the US! Near me! :D

Larksmom
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:35 AM
is because there is No seating! you walk the course! Raining? too bad! walk in the rain! That is the nature of xc. I have only this week even dared to look at the tix prices. They weren't nearly as bad as I had feared. I WANT to do the eventing AND the freestyle. I cannot afford to buy everything now, but I am sure the freestyle will be sold out first thing. I agree it is crummy about splitting the sessions, but, OTOH, if you would say, rather walk the course a time or two while 1st session of eventing dressage is on-save 60$ or $90! Prices are high but it is the world championships!!!! ICAN'T WAIT!;):lol::yes:

DLee
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:47 AM

Seriously. I'm figuring (hoping) quite a few will be at Rolex anyway. I will go to WEG xc, but that's probably it. It's quite insane.

2ndyrgal
Sep. 26, 2009, 03:51 PM
was spectacular! What with everyone from across the pond. I'm hoping to catch the same calibre of riders at Rolex and just spend $$$ on the "real dressage" and then do xc day. I live close, so at least I don't have to pay to travel.

HER
Sep. 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
We are going! We have a group of six- been paying on the tickets and hotel for so long you forget what it adds up to! We are going to all eventing days and the freestyle. I think my husband may kill me when he finds out how much dressage we have signed up for. Hated to pick only some dressage sessions because we figured then we might miss our favorite riders. After seeing Lucinda and Bettina's tests at Rolex this year I would hate to miss a repeat! Hopefully two horsey vacations in one year isn't overload...

ottb
Sep. 29, 2009, 08:21 AM
Do you have to buy tickets for each event seperately? And checkout each time? Can't seem to figure out how to batch them up? Is it just me?

Hilary
Sep. 29, 2009, 08:32 AM
I didnt' figure out how to batch my check outs. but I did realize that you can stay on the ticketmaster site and find the different tickets - you don't have to go back to the Alltech site each time.

Not sure if that helps!

pinkdiamondracing
Sep. 29, 2009, 08:39 AM
I will probably only be attending XC day-- unless DS (darling sister) happens to score a spot on the team-- then she has a virtual slave for the entire competition!!! I told her I would happily groom for free in exchange for being able to be among the mucky-mucks!!!:D
Of course-- I groom for her for free anyway--since I live vicariously through her!! She has been more places and done more in eventing than I ever dream to!!

ottb
Sep. 29, 2009, 08:50 AM
I didnt' figure out how to batch my check outs. but I did realize that you can stay on the ticketmaster site and find the different tickets - you don't have to go back to the Alltech site each time.

Not sure if that helps!yes, it helps to know I'm not alone in being able to batch tickets. It seems like an awfully cumbersome process with the OCR stuff each and every time and then having to navigate thru all the credit card sales pitches. Guess I'm not used to using ticketmaster. $7.50 convienence fee on each ticket and $4.50 processing fee on each order. No wonder its cumbersome.

kraslad
Sep. 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
OTTB - if you purchase on Ticketmaster you do have to purchase each event separately and there is a Ticketmaster charge for EACH one - it's a bit of a pain.

Do a little homework on google as you'll find there are others out there selling tickets and ticket packages, all of which were purchased from the KHP directly so they are legit.

Good luck!

carolinagirl191
Sep. 29, 2009, 10:42 AM
I did the USEF deposit thing last year. It just hit the CC in August. Hubby said "what did you spend $400 on?" I had to do the whole "don't you remember, we discussed this last year thing." Anyway, we are staying w/ extended family so that helps. I really want to soak up the atmosphere and see the park as well.

I always told my parents I wanted to go to the Olympics and I went and spectated in Atlanta - LOL. As soon as they announced the WEG I figured I should go there too.

Here's the funny part, the day before the tickets went on sale to the public, Hubby sent me a link that someone sent him from work asking if we knew about it and if we were going. So, he forwards it and asks "is this something that you would like to do?" - I think he's joking and say Oh no, not interested. He comes back with "I know you love to go to the Horse Park and something like this doesn't happen very often . . ." It was all I could do not to scream YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

Instead, I do the "honey, don't you remember, I made a deposit a year ago, we talked about accomodations with your brother's in-laws when we were at our neice's birthday. They just charged our CC . . .
After all that, he says "This is going to cost me $400 . . .

Won't he be fun to travel with!

Larksmom
Sep. 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
I thought the ONLY way to get them was thru the dreaded ticketmonster. I just bought the one ticket for Freestyle, as I figured they would sell out first, there was the unfortunate $12 charge from Ticketmonster. If I buy the 4 eventing dressage,xc, and stadium itckets, there is a $12 charge PER ticket!?!?!? :eek:Really? I resent that more than I can say. :oI don't even think the prices are outrageous. But the fees are terrible.
Another thing I am truely concerned about is taking water to xc. I know they don't want us bringing water to dressage. I guess they think we will throw empty bottles at the horses....:no::rolleyes::uhoh::sigh: Plus, if we bring in our own water they can't charge us $5 for a bottle of water:mad: I cannot even begin to process the getting of a room, and am wondering if anyone would want to share?;)