PDA

View Full Version : Info for riders of AQHA registered dressage horses.

Plumcreek
Sep. 25, 2009, 02:14 AM
I was just reading AQHA rule changes for 2010 and thought I'd share this info on dressage show approval for AQHA points:

To accept the dressage task force recommendations including:

a. Approval

Establish at USEF/USDF licensed competitions
AQHA class held within existing class starting with Training Level 4
AQHA (show) approval fee of $50 sanctioned 60 days in advance
b. Eligibility

Must be AQHA registered horse and current individual member for exhibitor
Open, amateur and youth eligibility based on AQHA criteria
Competition license fee of $85 for lifetime of horses paid to AQHA
Exhibitor must declare division (open / amateur / youth) with AQHA
AQHA to supply information to USDF
c. Awards

At each of the nine USEF/USDF Regional Championship shows in 2009, an AQHA trophy will be awarded to the three high-point registered American Quarter Horses competing in championship class with the highest percentage score for open, amateur and youth divisions. Entry must have a minimum 60 percent score.
d. Point conversion

Accept AQHA point conversion from percentage score for Training Level 4 and above.
DRESSAGE SCORE CONVERSION

(The point chart will not print in COTH format. Go to: http://www.aqha.com/news/2009PressReleases/2009AQHAcommitteereports.html#n
and click on show committee, then scroll down to dressage paragraph).

POINT LIMITS

Training Level - 20
First Level - 20
Second Level - 10
Third Level - 10
Fourth Level - 10
FEI - No Limits

e. Create a high-point recognition program for the open, amateur and youth divisions for first through 10th place for each division and the highest award to the highest point-earning registered American Quarter Horse in each division, including points earned in Training Level 4 through Grand Prix.

f. Judges

Accept USEF/USDF licensed judges
Must have current AQHA membership
Abide by AQHA rule 438 on judges

AmericaRunsOnDunkin
Sep. 25, 2009, 12:08 PM
I had some wrong information based on a tidbit I read in a magazine about how points were awarded at training level. Now I am more encouraged about how to earn points. Thanks for posting and clearing that up for me!

Movin Artfully
Sep. 25, 2009, 04:14 PM
Point conversion chart is worth looking up for those interested. Great post!

xQHDQ
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but don't forget that after 2010, the judge will need to be a member of AQHA. Good luck with that one and knowing who are members and who aren't. And don't forget that you will need to pay a 1-time enrollment fee of $85.

Sparky
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, but don't forget that after 2010, the judge will need to be a member of AQHA. Good luck with that one and knowing who are members and who aren't. And don't forget that you will need to pay a 1-time enrollment fee of $85.

The AQHA membership cost is $25/year. I'm betting the shows will take care of the fee for the judge they hire--even one entrant's entry fees will surely be worth that. The discipline fee is as you say, a one time expense. I think it's a great start for the AQHA.

dressage.life
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:28 AM
The problem is that I have a feeling very few judges will be a member of AQHA...especially in Dressage...

Sparky
Sep. 26, 2009, 01:02 PM
The problem is that I have a feeling very few judges will be a member of AQHA...especially in Dressage...

As I said above, I think it would be in the best interest of show management to pay for the AQHA membership of whichever judge they hire. It can be done on-line, at the show, costs $25, and takes effect immediately.

Plumcreek
Sep. 26, 2009, 02:17 PM
As I said above, I think it would be in the best interest of show management to pay for the AQHA membership of whichever judge they hire. It can be done on-line, at the show, costs $25, and takes effect immediately.

Yeah, the USEF-R judges judging breed classes within an A Circuit USEF hunter show last summer were informed that they had just become Paint Association members due to Paint hunter classes being included.

Remember that AQHA gives nice awards. My friend who won the AQHA award for high point USEF 2nd year green hunter some years ago (when that program was active courtesy of Miller Harness) was thrilled that she got a lovely bronze horse statue trophy to keep while the USEF HOTY award winners had to give theirs back the next year.

Movin Artfully
Sep. 26, 2009, 04:39 PM
My Region 4 show management is talking with judges for 2010 already. Those interested, should contact their regions and voice their interest. I've found them very receptive.

Nojacketrequired
Sep. 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
So when does Canada get to play?

NJR