PDA

View Full Version : Virginia HT - COTH Team Challenge

sharri13
Sep. 24, 2009, 09:38 PM
Can anyone tell me more about this? I am all signed up, entry and stabling sent in, and team has been formed. But, do we only compete against other teams, or against other riders at our level - and then separately pinned for teams? Are the courses for teams the same as HT riders?

This will be my first time doing this event, and doing the Team Challenge. I am very excited, but not well aware of how it works. Thank you!

woodside
Sep. 25, 2009, 07:01 AM
The team divisions are separate from the other divisions, so you compete only against other teams at your level. the course is usually the same as the other divisions. It is run like a true team competition -- dressage on Friday, XC on Saturday and SJ on Sunday in reverse order of standing. Brian and Penny make the team competition really special and it is SO MUCH FUN!! Make sure you plan to get down there Thursday for the team dinner and "order of go" draw. It really starts the weekend off right!

inquisitive
Sep. 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
Cindy mentioned to me that we still get a score though for your level, to count for USEA.

LisaB
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:17 AM
Yes there are individual scores and ribbons and then there's the team thing with drop scores.
See you there!

technopony
Sep. 25, 2009, 03:25 PM
Is it part of the adult rider program? I am entered at Novice and have friends going also at novice... but I am 21. Do I have to wait one more year?