PDA

View Full Version : JJs needed at Morven HT to support VA PonyClub

happyappy
Sep. 24, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Virginia Regional Pony Club has been given the task of providing JJs for the Morven HT on, Sunday, October 4th. We have supported the Morven HTs for a long time. By doing this Morven gives us a discount when we use the park for our Rallies, Ratings, Clinics, and such. Our ability to use Morven Park helps our Pony Club members and the Virginia Region to create wonderful Horsemen and Horsewomen. Without facilities like Morven we would have no where to teach or have activities for our members. As you would expect it is quite expensive to use the facilities, so the discount helps us tremendously.

This year, many of our older members are away at college and we are still in need of a number of JJs to complete our task. The requirement is to be at least 16 years old. We especially need JJs for the Prelim Division. My understanding is this would be approximately 3-4 hours worth of JJing.

So, any of you Cothers out there that can spare a Sunday Morning to help us out, it would be so very much appreciated.

If you can help us out, please PM me and I will send you the email address of our Virginia Regional Coordintor for this event.

Thanks So Much!

LexInVA
Sep. 24, 2009, 09:33 PM
Will there be cookies?

happyappy
Sep. 24, 2009, 09:47 PM
I can bring cookies!

Dr. Doolittle
Sep. 24, 2009, 11:35 PM
:lol:

Hey, JT, I just checked the Omnibus, and it appears that A and I do x-country on Sat.?!?

How is this possible? I would think (assume?) that all x-country would be on Sunday...Tony and Diana wanted to come out and watch--and Diana wanted to take some action pix of the "big boys" doing x-country for her portfolio (T could JJ, since D is only 15...)

Please send me an e-mail to clarify, since I wanted to try to squeeze in a trip over there myself, but I have that CT on Sunday (and lessons on Sat.) so won't be able to volunteer. But the family might be able to--however, Diana has a soccer game at noon on Saturday :(

This would be a great opportunity for *anyone* (especially the younger folks) to see some ULRs and ULhorses doing their thing, at a wonderful venue. It's not only fantastic fun, but enormously educational (and a responsibility that you will be guaranteed to feel good about; giving back to this sport is always so gratifying...)

Morven's HTs are not going to last forever, I fear...:sigh:

yellowbritches
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:21 AM
I got an email from Morven earlier in the week that says they have a record number of entries. :D Advanced dressage will be on Friday, sj and xc on Saturday. Intermediate and training will run all three phases on Saturday, and prelim and novice will run on Sunday.

retreadeventer
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:02 AM
There is a possibility I would be available on Sun. AM but please PM me ASAP about it, as I have some circumstances that would require me to drop off a horse and I will have a truck and trailer as transportation so would not have something to drive out on course, if you need wheels to JJ there.

happyappy
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:58 AM
There is a possibility I would be available on Sun. AM but please PM me ASAP about it, as I have some circumstances that would require me to drop off a horse and I will have a truck and trailer as transportation so would not have something to drive out on course, if you need wheels to JJ there.

I sent you a PM this AM. Thanks so much. I am sure we can accomodate you. But yes, P and N will run on Sunday :-)

Joann

Carol Ames
Sep. 25, 2009, 10:18 AM
with in deI would be glad to, but, once again, as always:sadsmile: , transportation is a MAJOR road block:mad:; I need help with this, ideas anyone?unfortunately the paratransit company , which, could transport me and my power wheelchair, , does not go to that:no: area, Loudon county; I need :cool:help :eek: this, ideas anyone? on December 10th it will have been ten (10) years but who's counting right?LOL; and I still have the same problem!

happyappy
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:44 PM
Carol, thanks so much for thinking of us, and trying to get there. I don't know of a transport service either that goes that far out. Wish I had a way to get you there.
You are a dear heart.

Dr. Doolittle
Sep. 25, 2009, 09:50 PM
Carol, thanks so much for thinking of us, and trying to get there. I don't know of a transport service either that goes that far out. Wish I had a way to get you there.
You are a dear heart.

Agreed; Carol is the bomb! :yes: And SO generous with her time, as well as her support of the sport...I can only hope for everyone's sake that someone can come up with a solution to her "transportation problem". Hang in there, Carol, and thank you!

happyappy
Sep. 27, 2009, 11:49 AM
We are still in need of JJs for the HT. I have just been updated that we will need a total of 19 JJs for both Prelim and Novice. Please let us know if you can help out, as this is very important to the Virginia Region Pony Clubs and helps us afford to use the facilities at Morven Park for out activities. We are still short JJs for Sunday. I am told there is usually a gift in the package for the JJs. And you get a free lunch :-)
This is only a week away, and we need to confirm who can be there. Please PM me if you can help and I will provide your information to our coordinator.

Thank You,
Happy Appy (a PC Mom)