PDA

View Full Version : VAHT ATC - Any BN Teams Need a Rider?

colliemom
Sep. 24, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hubby has decided to do Virginia Horse Trials after all, so I'm going to bring along my baby CANTER horse for his first recognized horse trail. I would really like to do a team rather than the Horse Trial because I suspect that the team show jumping will finish earlier in the day than the HT XC, and we have a 6 hour drive home.

Does anyone have a Beginner Novice team that's a rider short, and would be interested in having us join?

In the spirit of full disclosure, Owen is about as green as it gets. I got him in March from CANTER MidAtlantic, and he is coming along great, but hasn't competed yet. He has cross country schooled three times so far, and after the first few jumps of "ack -- what is THAT?" he is bold and honest and very good. He has been to one hunter show where he was a perfect gentleman and very professional about everything. He is doing an unrecognized HT in October before heading to Virginia.

His rider (me) has brought along two previous horses from scratch, one to training (horse retired after soundness issues getting ready to move to prelim) and one to prelim (competed at prelim for three seasons, then moved back down to training) so we're not BOTH totally green :D

Thanks!

sm1
Sep. 24, 2009, 08:06 PM
CDCTA might still be putting together a BN team - Yvonne Lucas is organizing redmoonfarm@msn.com. Hope to see you there!

colliemom
Sep. 24, 2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks! I've emailed Yvonne.

Any others??

colliemom
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:54 PM
Wow... I remember a clamor from the BN riders asking for the ATC's to add Beginner Novice to the schedule. Where are they all? Area II has no one who wants to do a team. Is this the same as people who beg for clinics and then when clinics are organized, don't enter?

Guess at this rate I'll do the Horse Trial.....

retreadeventer
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:09 AM
completely and totally left out of the process here....because I can't be gone that long from work or home....it seems I am the ONLY adult rider in Area II NOT going ... at least if you read the chat list, every year, it goes ballistic with the team makeup discussions and this year they've started ALREADY and it's only September! Gauughhhh! I am going to be very busy with Fair Hill International duties so that's my big October deal this year. Sorry, no help here!