Anyone? :D

Joan from Flatlands
Sep. 25, 2009, 05:27 AM
*raises her hand*

Ill be there w my camera!

Joan from Flatlands

sch1star
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:12 AM
Then we are lucky!! You got the best pictures of my pony at King Oak!

chism
Sep. 25, 2009, 10:41 AM
My daughter is going BN. It's supposed to be cold & rainy. :( I'm thinking about bribing her to stay home.

eventer@heart
Sep. 25, 2009, 05:13 PM
Their footing holds up GREAT even with some rain. I competed last year and was amazed at how good it was even though wet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

cranky
Sep. 25, 2009, 06:58 PM
I competed there at there at the Summer Classic in June during a nor'easter. The weather was horrible, but the event was stellar and we didn't have any trouble with the footing (and were studless). I think the jumping warm-up was probably a bit slippery, but the SJ was in a sand ring and we didn't have any issue on XC as I remember.

tidymary
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'll be there, in the rain. Again. 100% chance of rain predicted for tomorrow.

I love eventing in the rain because:
1. No worrying about sunscreen.
2. No need for hoof polish.
3. No need to groom my horse or polish my tack until they shine, because we'll all be soaked shortly.
4. No sun in my eyes on XC.
5. No glare off freshly painted XC coops.
6. Makes those light-to-dark questions a lot easier, when there is no light.
7. Puddles are like water jump warm-ups.
8. No chance of running out of wash water for the horse.
9. Minimal risk of heat stroke.
10. So many other people scratch that I feel virtuous just for showing up!

See you there!

chism
Sep. 26, 2009, 01:12 PM
I don't mind the rain, the last few events we've been to have been raining. The footing at GH is usually pretty good as well. I just wish it was going to be warmer if it's going to be wet. THe bribery didn't work anyway... we'll be there. ;)

joharavhf
Sep. 26, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'll be there too :D

I actually prefer a rainy event too....Weird, but when the sun is blazing I get a massive headache!!!!

chism
Sep. 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
I just wanted to thank the folks at Groton House for another great show!
We had a great day, footing was great, everyone is always so nice & helpful! If you haven't been...you should go. :)

joharavhf
Sep. 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
:D

That was fun!

sch1star
Sep. 28, 2009, 12:14 PM
It was really fun. As soon as I got the truck and trailer safely to the parking area, I stopped feeling like I was going to throw up any second. LOL!

Tidymary I love your list!

It was good to see everyone and thanks again to GHF, volunteers, and all who made the event a success.

I especially appreciated that the BN had both water and a ditch on it, it was fantastic schooling for us :)

And the new lodge jump (last fence on BN xc) is one of the fanciest things I've ever seen! I bet it could moonlight as a dollhouse...did you check the porch on it?! Amazing.

I'm sad our season's over, but this was a nice event to end it with!

EventingDiva
Sep. 28, 2009, 01:20 PM
Great job running a fantastic schooling show to all involved!

I brought two green horses with students up and it was a great experience for both. While XC was unsuccessful for one horse, he excelled in his dressage and stadium. The other pair is newer to eventing and was preparing for her first recognized which is Oct 4th at Kent. Groton House's schooling show was perfect for both horse/rider pairs that I brought. I will be bringing students and my own greenies back next year.

Thanks all for running a fantastic show.

& we loved the cabin jump on BN too!