PDA

View Full Version : i need info on Holsteiner/Lippizan mare

karin o
Sep. 23, 2009, 10:16 PM
Posts: 72 on Sport Horse Forum....no luck there ....any info from posters on this forum ?

I am looking for information on a mare I am riding. She is by Holsteiner - Ratibor by Raimona ( HLP and HOL) by Ramzes (AA) and Colonel (HLP and HOL)

The LPZ mare lines are Almadina by Maestoso Blanca by Maetoso IX Ancona, and Pluto III Platana

The mare lines for her are Aloha , Blanco, Almerina II

Can anyone educate me on her bloodlines ? She was a driving horse, now 12 years old. Bred in Harvard, Illinois

Thanks, Karin Offield

Mardi
Sep. 23, 2009, 11:30 PM
Have you tried here ?

http://www.palominowarmbloods.com/conversano.html

It's the website for Conversano II Aloha II.

Movin Artfully
Sep. 26, 2009, 03:49 PM
I can't help you with bloodlines...

If you wish to know more about the history of the mare...you might try to contact Dick or Karen Bingham (Quarter Horse Farm) located in Harvard. Dick is a past QH President and Karen is a Director Emeritus. Harvard is relatively small (maybe 8,000 population) and they are very well respected within the Quarter Horse industry. My guess is that in a burg that small...they probably know a great deal about anyone who has raised horses in that area.

Good luck.

Marybeth Cillo
Nov. 22, 2010, 07:25 PM
Karin,
I happen to own Almadina, your mare's dam. She was trained for competitive driving, is a natural jumper and now schoolmaster. I have seen two of Alma's daughters, by the same stallion and possibly one of them yours. I have been able to acquire a little information about her background; you may contact me directly via email. Incidentally Alma is a 1983 foal, so is now 27.