PDA

View Full Version : Another thread on TB pedigree

SBH
Sep. 22, 2009, 03:43 PM
I know you all probably get sick and tired of all the questions on pedigrees but I am going to add another one...

I have a mare that was given to me (she has a fracture in her knee) and I was wondering if someone could tell me anything about her pedigree? She's just a pasture pet at the present time but I may breed her next year for a sporthorse (event) foal. She is everything I love in an event horse and would hope she would produce a nice foal. If I do decide the breed her the foal would be for me, not for resale and would have a home with me no matter what.

Her pedigree is listed at www.pedigreequery.com/buena+moza2.

Thanks in advance!

Heart's Journey
Sep. 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
some nice old blood close up in her. I loved Buckpasser - very durable multi-million dollar stakes winner, was Champion 2 year old, chamption 3 year old & Horse of the Year, won around 10 Grade 1 stakes total, leading Broodmare sire for many years. I loved his toughness. His sire Tom Fool was also excellent. Damascus was also first class, stakes winner, ran a lot of races. And of course farther back, Seattle Slew triple crown winner, Horse of the Year, and fantastic sire for many many years.

Explodent - not as popular but he had 28 starts, won some Grade 2 or 3 stakes

Commitize - 31 starts - durable for today's standards, Grade 3 winner

halo
Sep. 22, 2009, 10:07 PM
We used to have Commitisize here on the farm where I worked. He was a classy, gorgeous horse.

SBH
Sep. 24, 2009, 10:18 AM
Bumping this up for hopefully additional comments on my mare's pedigree and more information....

I had DNA testing done on this mare to find out who she is because we could not read her tattoo. She was born at Paragon Farms in Florida but other than that I know very little about her. Could someone tell me where she ran in her limited race career? Based on the information from the Jockey Club she did win 1 race - I would like to get her winning picture, if possible.

I apologize for all the questions but I have very limited knowledge about all of this and am just curious...

Thanks for everyone's help!!!

Sara

tmo0hul
Sep. 24, 2009, 11:56 AM
With a quick google search I found she broke her maiden March 2, 2006 going 1 mile at Gulfstream Park. You can order her lifetime race charts and if you know the race date and track you can get the individual charts for free as well.

SBH
Sep. 24, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks!