View Full Version : Can someone tell me about this noseband?

Sep. 21, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I saw this photo online and noticed the noseband, I guess it is a drop noseband but I've never seen one with the metal parts before. Is this just to get the drop effect without restricting breathing? Or do the metal parts serve some other purpose as well?

As someone with a strong horse who has always worn a flash or figure 8, I just found this interesting.

Sep. 21, 2009, 11:31 AM
It is a kineton. Helps prevent pulling.

Sep. 21, 2009, 11:38 AM
it's actually a lever noseband. good for horses that lock their jaw and pull. (kineton has steel loops that go under the bit i believe...)

Sep. 21, 2009, 11:41 AM
Anyone else notice the blood dripping from this horses nose?

Sep. 21, 2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone else notice the blood dripping from this horses nose?

That doesn't really look like blood to me. More like just some discharge and a dirty nose. It's awfully dark to be a bleed......I had an EIPH horse, and my friend has a allergy bleeder, they don't look like that!

Sep. 21, 2009, 06:52 PM
looks like blood to me

here you go op go to nose bands --

Sep. 21, 2009, 07:31 PM
yeah originally I thought it was a Kineton, but then when I looked closer it doesn't seem to be affected by the bit in any way. so thats why I got slightly confused. anyway, now i know its a lever noseband, thanks guys!

Sep. 21, 2009, 08:48 PM
I thought blood for the first second, but of all the bleeders I've seen it's always been bright bright bright red. Could be blood though. All in all, while I understand it's a photograph advertising the win and the sheet, I would have thought they'd use something better...both the rider and the horse look uncomfortable!

Sep. 21, 2009, 09:21 PM
This is a Kineton: http://www.bitofbritain.com/Nunn_Finer_Kineton_p/0467.htm
It's a Lever like this: http://www.bitofbritain.com/Nunn_Finer_Adjustable_Lever_Noseband_p/0080.htm

Mo's Mom
Sep. 21, 2009, 10:58 PM
I found it, called an adjustable lever noseband.

Sep. 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
I did not look close enough!!! LOL ;)