PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Equestrian Lifestyle Expo and Holiday Market

SOTB
Sep. 20, 2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.horsemenscouncil.org/09Expo/index.php

Did anyone go to this last year? If so, what did you think? We are thinking about getting a booth at this show and was curious what people thought of it last year. Thanks!

Smiles
Sep. 21, 2009, 10:55 AM
I heard it was a nice show and they had a good turn out, but it was at arlington park last year so some of the traffic came from people going to it because of the metra. They have moved it to lake county fair grounds this year so it might not be convenient as it was last year. If having a booth is reasonable I think it would be worth it.

snaffle635
Sep. 21, 2009, 12:23 PM
I found it hugely disappointing. I enjoyed the speakers, but the shopping was very disappointing. I was looking for some nice horsey holiday gifts, such as picture frames, jewelry, etc, and thought the selection was very limited. Guess I was hoping for the type of vendors I see at Lamplight. Instead, it was a lot of western tack shops and arena footing booths. Just not what I expected for something titled 'Equestrian Lifestyle and Holiday Market'.

Marcella
Sep. 21, 2009, 11:52 PM
I thought the speakers were great, also. As for shopping, it was like a watered down version of Midwest Horse Fair.

For the first year, I thought it was a gallant effort. I am glad it is happening again this year, and even better in my backyard, so to speak. The new fairground building is beautiful! They just put all of their effort into building that and not the craptastic horse arena.

If I was setting up shop there, I would have a lot of holiday themed horse items (since it was close to Christmas) or at least things that could be purchased and given as gifts for boarders, trainers, etc. That is what I was hoping to find, but didn't. Also, more things like home decor, clothing, etc. Not just regular everyday grooming items.

Giddy-up
Sep. 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
If you go to www.illinoishorse.com (http://www.illinoishorse.com) & check out their boards, I know there is a topic about it going on. You may get some more feedback if it's worth going as a vendor.

SOTB
Sep. 22, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Our binders make great gifts and it sounds like people are looking for gift items at a show like this so maybe it'd be a good fit. It's right in my backyard so it should be an easy show to attend.