PDA

View Full Version : County Saddle question

Sparky Boy
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the Pro-Fit became the Stabilizer. What happened to the Symmetry? I don't see it on the County website. Does anyone know what the Symmetry became?

The saddle fitter told me that my med 17" Stabilizer doesn't fit my horse :( so I need to find a wide tree Stabilizer or Symmetry. Or something similar but I'm not sure what else to look at.

Burgie
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:14 PM
The Pro-fit has a deeper seat than the Stabilizer.
The Symmetry is the precursor to the Stabilizer.

County now offers two close contact/jumping saddles:
Stabilizer and Innovation. The Innovation has more in common with the Pro-fit.

County also makes the Conquest which is more of an eventing saddle, but is seen in the Jumper ring as well.

Sparky Boy
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:38 PM
Oh, I had it wrong then. Isn't the current Innovation more for eventing and the stabilizer more for hunters?

Today I rode in a Symmetry and it was quite different than my stabilizer.

Skip's Rider
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:46 PM
Lots of folks use the Innovation in the hunters. It's a great saddle. I own a Stabilizer and an Innovation and by-far prefer the Innovation. Others prefer the Stabilizer. It's personal preference.

Burgie
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:23 PM
The Stabilizer has a shallower seat than the Innovation.
I don't think either one of them is really promoted as being an eventing saddle.

My Stabilizer has front and rear blocks - they are pretty conservative sized.

I didn't like the Innovation. I do jumpers and want to be able to get my rear out of the tack. I felt "stuck" in the Innovation.

It really just boils down to personal preference.

MissIndependence
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:44 AM
I love the Innovation and use it for one of my jumpers. Most people I know with Innovations are using them in the jumper ring.

PNWjumper
Sep. 20, 2009, 01:34 AM
I also adore my Innovation and use it in the jumper ring. I have both a Stabilizer and an Innovation and the seat is not deeper on one versus the other (though the Innovation I had before this one did seem to have a slightly deeper seat), so I think that's totally dependent on the options you select when you purchase the saddle.

The only major difference I feel between the two is the fact that the Innovation tree is a touch wider. So my narrow tree Stabilizer fits a bit snugger than my narrow tree Innovation.

So maybe you could look for a M or MW Innovation?

horsepoor
Sep. 20, 2009, 12:03 PM
If you are looking at the new County saddles, the County rep in your area should be able to let you try both the Stabilizer and Innovation to compare them, and help with choosing the right tree size. I'm assuming that it wasn't a County rep that did your saddle fitting or you probably would have done this already.

I have both a Stabilizer and Innovation. The Stabilizer fits me much better -- I bought the Innovation originally for my trainer to ride the horse that it fits and now that I have started riding that horse more, I have to say that I hate the Innovation. I think because I have shorter legs, it just really puts me in an uncomfortable position as it has a more forward flap. I have another saddle coming for that horse and I'm going to get rid of the Innovation. Not saying it was a bad saddle, just not right for me.

Sparky Boy
Sep. 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
I may end up calling my local rep. but I don't want to buy new. My fitter said I need a wide tree for this horse. She also recommended a forward flap as I'm long from hip to knee.

I'm also not 100% sure I want another county. I like my stabilizer but if I'm going to be spending that much money, there are lots of other options out there. I'm just not sure what to look it.