PDA

View Full Version : H/J Trainers in Wellington, FL

kam414
Sep. 19, 2009, 03:05 PM
I just moved to Wellington, FL and I am looking for recommendations for trainers / boarding facilities here. I have a mare that I ride in Hunters so would like to be somewhere reasonably close to the showgrounds, but my budget is a bit modest right now so fear I can't afford any big-name trainers at the moment. My primary concerns are very good care for my horse with ample turnout. I would like to avoid politics and drama. I am looking to meet other nice adults and be somewhere that I can just enjoy myself and my horse.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thank you very much.

Touch of Grey
Sep. 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sent you a PM

By George!
Sep. 19, 2009, 05:45 PM
I've found that good training (and care) often does not cost more than mediocre or even bad training. Don't rule out the "big names" based on the assumption that they'll cost more.

The last time I looked for a new trainer/barn situation, I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable some of the BNT's were. At the same time, I was disgusted with some of the exorbitant bills I'd gotten as a client at some other places. In my experience, it's next to impossible to guess from the outside which trainer costs more.

kam414
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you Grey I will look into your suggestion.

Thank you as well By George what you say is certainly true. I just put a young horse I own into initial Hunter training with a very BNT and it was much more reasonable than I thought. I also believe you get what you pay for; so I am happy to spend money on the young one to get him the right start. He is also in another state where costs are lower. I suppose why I am not leaning towards a BNT in Wellington is that I won't be able to do too many shows with my mare (majority of budget going to young horse) and I don't know that it is fair to take a stall at a BNT barn if they could fill it with someone who might show a lot more than I can.

But I will gladly heed your advice and I will start calling some of the BNT's to see what they offer and if they want just a local show rider.

Thanks again.

xcatheart
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
sent you a PM!