PDA

View Full Version : Attn Midway College Hunt Seat Riders past and present

2ndyrgal
Sep. 19, 2009, 03:56 PM
"Tuff" a former Midway horse (formerly my personal show hunter) was put to sleep on 9-9-09, due to complications of old age, at our farm where he enjoyed the last year of his retirement living the life of Reilly. He was 27.

Subira
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you for posting that. He was a wonderful horse...I remember being so scared to ride him at first but once I did, I loved him!

Sheila
Sep. 20, 2009, 08:33 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.

PicturePerfectPonies
Sep. 20, 2009, 09:27 PM
I ADORED Tuff while I was there. I wasn't there that long ago either, I never would have guessed he was in his 20's!

Bedazzle
Sep. 22, 2009, 03:09 AM
Just saw this, so sad about Tuff. Fond memories. I just found out Chipper is up for retirement and I'm so happy to say that I will be taking him. I leased him for a summer while I was attending Midway, and I can't wait to be reunited with him. RIP Tuff.

CrossWinds81
Sep. 22, 2009, 03:30 AM
Bedazzled... you're taking Chipper!!! OH!! He was sooooo fun! Such a round thing over the jumps w knees up to his eyeballs! When did you grad?...I didn't graduate from Midway, but rode on the team 2000 and 2001.

CrossWinds81
Sep. 22, 2009, 03:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tuff. He will be missed by many I am sure. He came a year or so after I was there I think? I did get a chance to ride him in a lesson though. He was a sweet old man. RIP Tuff

Bedazzle
Sep. 22, 2009, 03:40 AM
I rode on the IHSA team in 2003, and I leased him the summer of 2004. He was soooooo much fun. Here are some pictures of me with him while I leased him.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/SterlingsSecret/Chipper2.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/SterlingsSecret/Chipper1.jpg

He is just such a sweetheart. I love his laid back personality, and I miss kissing his cute nose. I have such fond memories of this horse, I just cannot wait to see him again.

2ndyrgal
Sep. 22, 2009, 08:19 AM
I have only one good picture of the old man and would love to see any you have. He spent the last year here on our farm in the lap of luxury with grass to his knees, a huge stall he could hang his head out over the front wall, all the food he could eat and two good buddies. Until the last month or so, he was still the fastest one of the bunch, and damn proud of it. Still hated to be fly sprayed, still hated the wash stall, but finally enjoyed just getting to be a horse. His passing has left an awfully large hole to fill, they don't make many like him.

Bedazzle
Sep. 22, 2009, 10:40 AM
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry: He was a horse that many many students adored, and I'm happy that you were able to give him a happy end to his life. Thank you for doing that, all the Midway horses give so much to the college and the student riders there, they all deserve to have such wonderful retirements.