PDA

View Full Version : Nonas Garsons show next weekend

DancingQueen
Sep. 19, 2009, 02:55 AM
Are you going?

The price list looks fun, and they have good money in the schooling divisions! I've never seen this before! Love it!

I'm a pro and I usually show all my jumper rounds in the "(tretorn) space boots".
Nonas show offers a bridle to the junior rider, amateur rider and professional rider who best represents "the American style of riding".

In order to compete for this I think I will have to wear my regular tall boots, they are not half as comfortable though.

I am a fairly stylish rider (and have achieved rewards back in Europe in the past for most stylish), however, I am not American although I have lived here for 10 years.

Do you gouys think that they would even consider giving an award for the rider best representing the American style to someone born abroad? Or should I just keep my space boots on and try to win the class?

Either way, check it out. You can see the price list at theridgefarm.com
it doesn't come right up, look at the right side of the page.

$500 in the schooling stilltickles me but I will be entering in the futures division! Look for my space boots and say hi if you are there!

IslandGirl
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:52 AM
I'm going to try to go either to Nona's show or to the Princeton show next weekend. Each show has a great prize list and awesome classes...guess I'd better decide soon!!!

TSWJB
Sep. 19, 2009, 12:48 PM
was excited to see the prize list, until i saw the $30 a class plus $20 schooling fee for a schooling show!!! i think i will stick to the other schooling shows that charge $25 a class or the C rated shows that charge $25 a class. i thought schooling shows were for cheap mileage?
i have noticed at the shows how low the entries are lately. with the economy being so bad lately, i would think new shows would offer the same pricing as the local shows around them.
off topic, but i was really surprised how low the entries were at HITS in saugerties at the end of the summer. they had entries of like 7 - 10 in what i thought were the popular divisions. childrens hunters, adult hunters etc. i was really surprised to see those kind of entries.

AliCat
Sep. 19, 2009, 03:41 PM
I wish Nona the best with her show. She posted up about it last week.

newflame
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:25 PM
Don't forget when you compare prices there
are. No hidden fees at the ridge farm horse shows-No office fees,No nomination fees,No post entry fees, No EMT fees ,etc. When you take away all that stuff its really a pretty good deal

superpony123
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:21 PM
Don't forget when you compare prices there
are. No hidden fees at the ridge farm horse shows-No office fees,No nomination fees,No post entry fees, No EMT fees ,etc. When you take away all that stuff its really a pretty good deal

Not really. i went to their show on the 12th and the check i wrote for them for doing one full division (childrens) totaled $120.

I've been to big A shows and paid $125. and C shows and paid $125.

because its a schooling show they can charge whatever they want for classes. they draw you in by not doing 'hidden fees' but they upped the price of the classes to still make money. i don't think there's anything *wrong* with it. i just think it's something you really have to read the fine print for, but i was NOT able to find ANYWHERE in the prize list what the classes actually cost other than lead line. and i went through the prize list a million times. true, i could have missed it, but still.

that being said, it is really a nicely run show. they did a great job of filling my division. they give really nice neck ribbons to champ/reserve too ! and candy to first places. the outdoor rings are very very nice. it's worth the money, but i'm just pointing out that it wont cost really any different than just about any other show.

DancingQueen
Sep. 26, 2009, 09:43 PM
Think it makes a bigger difference if you do the slightly higher jumper divisions. No nominating fee really helps there.
Either way, we went Friday and really liked it. They are working really hard on making the show feel special. Fancy ribbons, great presentation etc. Going back tomorrow for the futures Grand Prix!

The footing is a bit heavy but they are doing a lot of maintenance between classes and it seems a lot better when it's a little wet so it should be super tomorrow! LOL

JinxyFish313
Sep. 26, 2009, 10:09 PM
off topic, but i was really surprised how low the entries were at HITS in saugerties at the end of the summer. they had entries of like 7 - 10 in what i thought were the popular divisions. childrens hunters, adult hunters etc. i was really surprised to see those kind of entries.

They hemorrhage entries to the Hampton Classic, and it was back-to-school time.