PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dressage Ladies >50yrs.

Carol O
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:13 PM
So I have this fabulous 4yo filly by Teade. She is truely fabulous! Did I mention she is by Teade? This fabulous filly makes me want to have every ride photographed to put on Facebook, or e-mail to my trainer. But....(horrors!)... I do not look so good in the same photos that she looks fabulous in! Can someone please design a helmet, not with a "chin strap", but perhaps some kind of "Jackie O" scarf like closure? Something more attractive?
Design that; an attractive, but safe helmet, that conceals aging necks, and then can we move on to breeches? Maybe bring the flared thighs back?

I will not ride my fabulous 4yo filly w/o the helmet, tempting though it may be.... She is round, forward, light.... on the outside rein. Fabulous... Did I mention she is by Teade?

Is is Fashion Week in NY? Carson, are you listening? I don't need to look good naked. I just want to look good on my fabulous filly...

mbm
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:18 PM
Can someone please design a helmet, not with a "chin strap", but perhaps some kind of "Jackie O" scarf like closure?

:lol::lol::lol: love it!

McVillesMom
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:21 PM
I thought that's what stock ties were for? :winkgrin:

Carol Ames
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:30 PM
thought that's what stock ties were for? :winkgrin: __________________
~Nancy~

Carol O
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:44 PM
If you poof the stock tie up around your neck, doesn't it just make the neck bigger? The fillie's neck is fabulous btw...

Rival
Sep. 19, 2009, 01:36 AM
May I suggest a little vacation to Buenos Aries for little nip tuck!

There is no good way to hide a turkey neck.

Roan
Sep. 19, 2009, 01:38 AM
At least you have a neck. Mine always was rather lacking and now there's not much difference between my head and shoulders :)

Who is Teade? ;)

Eileen

Bogey2
Sep. 19, 2009, 06:54 AM
that's what they invented turtlenecks for! Have your photo shoots in cooler weather!

narcisco
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:38 AM
Wear a heavier weight, darker colored riding breech, even a winter breech in summer, such is the price we pay for beauty. The Pikeurs are perhaps most flattering for most body types, the Trainer's Choice are a less expensive alternative.

In summer months, the mock neck T is appropriate, for winter the turtle neck. Layer with a structured vest with a fairly high collar reaching almost to your ears. To top off your ensemble, find a helmet with a simple, slimmer strap (for schooling, I use the Tipperary, for showing a Charles O, the junior style is the affordable version and fits adults).

And to finish your new look, invest in Photoshop for your computer and complete your education in a class on Photoshopping. This is the cheapest and completely painless alternative to cosmetic surgery. If you're good, you can take off pounds in seconds, brighten your teeth, and erase lines and wrinkles instantly. With one brush of the magic wand you will look as young and fresh as your filly. This is the true secret of the stars!

slc2
Sep. 19, 2009, 07:51 AM
What I would suggest doing is not worrying about it. Being self conscious about something natural is a waste of time.

narcisco
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:44 AM
Pfft. If we didn't care what we looked like, we wouldn't be doing dressage in the first place. We'd be doing eventing :)

blackhorse6
Sep. 19, 2009, 09:14 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::eek:

jodyb
Sep. 19, 2009, 11:30 AM
Gotta love digital cameras...I get a bizillion pix and look for the angle that makes my butt look the smallest! :yes:

FriesianX
Sep. 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
Why not accessorize your helmet? A little creative wrapping of the scarf, maybe a bit of velcro here and there, and voila, fashion! Of course, we EXPECT you to post a picture or two;)

CatOnLap
Sep. 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
pffft.
That's what PHOTOSHOP is for! :yes:

Who is your filly's sire? :lol:

jodyb
Sep. 19, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oh, I forgot, the secondary function of the helmet is to cover gray roots ('cause I'm too busy cleaning stalls to do them as often as I should :lol: )

atr
Sep. 19, 2009, 10:34 PM
In the winter, you can be terribly Brit and wear a silk scarf knotted under your chin and your safety helmet on top. Think the Queen plus a sense of Mortality...

I find if I yank that chin strap up on my Tipperary, it sucks the second chin into place quite nicely. That and a turtleneck and I'm good to go... No-one can see a damn thing from the lower lip down. Oh and obeying the trainer when she's yelling "head up!"