PDA

View Full Version : Zone 2 Finals- How many do they accept?

JrHunterRider
Sep. 18, 2009, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know how many ponies Zone II Finals accept for the Lg Childrens Ponies?

Molly99
Sep. 18, 2009, 06:33 PM
15 according to the prize list

kalora
Sep. 18, 2009, 06:33 PM
The lists for Zone 2 finals are up here is the link http://www.ryegate.com/SHOWS/ZONEII/qualify.htm
looks like 15 large ponies.

bascher
Sep. 18, 2009, 07:17 PM
The lists are now up! I'm so excited my greenie and I made it in the younger adults!

JrHunterRider
Sep. 18, 2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks, the list was posted right after I started this thread. We made it. :D

Sep. 18, 2009, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that an Adult Amateur Hunter in the olders gets in with less than 100pts, but a Small/Medium Children's Pony Hunter can't get in with 1000pts!

TweedADeedle
Sep. 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
Congrats Bonnie!!!

superpony123
Sep. 18, 2009, 11:15 PM
Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that an Adult Amateur Hunter in the olders gets in with less than 100pts, but a Small/Medium Children's Pony Hunter can't get in with 1000pts!

agreed, it's a little frustrating (im a children's rider!) however there's usually a lot of complaint from adult ammies that they can never make it out to show as often as other divisions because most of the riders have work during the week, and many shows put that division during the week, so most are stuck going to small shows on the weekend (where they will have less opportunity for more points) if that makes sense. i'd think this is why. however i think 1000 pts is WAY too much (and still, what is it, 3k pts you need to get into devon with a reg pony?)

thegirlwonder
Sep. 19, 2009, 06:32 AM
Congratz to Tori and Romeo (aka Blue Moon's Ladies Man) who made it in the Children's Larges :)

bascher
Sep. 19, 2009, 12:48 PM
Congrats Bonnie!!!

Thanks!

trv_at_tacf
Sep. 19, 2009, 01:37 PM
agreed, it's a little frustrating (im a children's rider!) however there's usually a lot of complaint from adult ammies that they can never make it out to show as often as other divisions because most of the riders have work during the week, and many shows put that division during the week, so most are stuck going to small shows on the weekend (where they will have less opportunity for more points) if that makes sense. i'd think this is why. however i think 1000 pts is WAY too much (and still, what is it, 3k pts you need to get into devon with a reg pony?)

Well last year it was the same way for the adults...the points were definitely higher, but they changed it this year to doing the top 15 at the end of the qualifying period.. it just so happens that Large childrens are obviously a more competitive division if 1000 points cant make it in.

I think its ridiculous that an A/O is going to Zone finals when they are top 12 in the NATION, there is NO WAY this person did not make it into Nationals. Kinda strange, but who knows the story...:confused:

supershorty628
Sep. 19, 2009, 02:25 PM
Well last year it was the same way for the adults...the points were definitely higher, but they changed it this year to doing the top 15 at the end of the qualifying period.. it just so happens that Large childrens are obviously a more competitive division if 1000 points cant make it in.

I think its ridiculous that an A/O is going to Zone finals when they are top 12 in the NATION, there is NO WAY this person did not make it into Nationals. Kinda strange, but who knows the story...:confused:

Sure there is. If you run around and go to a million shows, you can accrue a ton of points without having 15 shows that will make the cut for Harrisburg/Washington. I'm not saying that's the case with whomever you are talking about, but it's a possibility. There's also the thought that maybe Harrisburg/Washington/etc. don't work for that person for some reason, so s/he decided to compete at Zone finals instead.

bascher
Sep. 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sure there is. If you run around and go to a million shows, you can accrue a ton of points without having 15 shows that will make the cut for Harrisburg/Washington. I'm not saying that's the case with whomever you are talking about, but it's a possibility. There's also the thought that maybe Harrisburg/Washington/etc. don't work for that person for some reason, so s/he decided to compete at Zone finals instead.

I know for a fact that our junior rider, who qualified for Harrisburg, is on the qualifying list for zones. However, she is going to Harrisburg so I guess won't be going to Zones, but her name is still on there. Therefore, maybe this person's name is on there because they entered in case they didn't make it into Indoors, but if they have made it in, then they would not go to zones.